Home » xyzzy » Tower » Well Say Goodbye To Richard Pryor
Well Say Goodbye To Richard Pryor [message #54871] Sun, 11 December 2005 07:16 Go to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
One of the real groundbreaking comics that actually was funny. Nothing around like him and the guys who imitate him and the other good comics from that era. Flip Wilson; Robert Klein; Steve Martin...etc. Where the hell are the funny guys anyway?
So long Rich; wherever you are they will be laughing.

Re: Well Say Goodbye To Richard Pryor [message #54872 is a reply to message #54871] Mon, 12 December 2005 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Oh, my God. I guess I knew it was coming, but still shocked and saddened to see the news. I was busy this weekend and didn't hear any news, so missed this. Thanks for the post to let me know.

I was just thinking of the movie Silver Streak this weekend. Some friends and I were talking about Richard Pryor and Gene Wilder, and of course, Gilda Radner. You can sort of tell when people are really nice folks, it kind of comes across. Pryor seemed to be a genuinely good soul. His passing is almost like losing a friend.

Re: Well Say Goodbye To Richard Pryor [message #54874 is a reply to message #54872] Mon, 12 December 2005 19:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
The saddest part really is the fact that he did it himself. Another drug casualty; and for what? It really makes you wonder that a man who has this talent and manages to translate that into enough fame to provide all of the creature comforts this world offers and still something inside seeks to destroy that for him.
I have always found his case in particular to be sad because as you say there always seemed to be a fundamental deceny about the guy.

Re: Well Say Goodbye To Richard Pryor [message #54875 is a reply to message #54872] Mon, 12 December 2005 19:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
The saddest part really is the fact that he did it himself. Another drug casualty; and for what? It really makes you wonder that a man who has this talent and manages to translate that into enough fame to provide all of the creature comforts this world offers and still something inside seeks to destroy that for him.
I have always found his case in particular to be sad because as you say there always seemed to be a fundamental deceny about the guy.

Re: Well Say Goodbye To Richard Pryor [message #54876 is a reply to message #54872] Mon, 12 December 2005 19:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)

Re: Well Say Goodbye To Richard Pryor [message #54877 is a reply to message #54872] Mon, 12 December 2005 19:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)

Re: Well Say Goodbye To Richard Pryor [message #54878 is a reply to message #54872] Mon, 12 December 2005 19:27 Go to previous message
Illuminati (13th Degree)

Previous Topic: Distributed computing projects
Next Topic: This Holiday Season; anyone have any good news?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 07 10:05:37 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio