Home » xyzzy » Tower » The Situation In France
The Situation In France [message #54825] Sun, 06 November 2005 06:15 Go to next message
elektratig is currently offline  elektratig
Grand Master
The mainstream media is devoid of meaningful information explaining what's really going on. I'm linking the best article, by a wide margin, that I've found providing background and context.

This wave of violence may pass, but France seems to be in real trouble. The French have allowed this problem to build and fester for forty years; solutions are unclear, and to the extent they exist, the French lack the political will to implement them; and the medium- and long-term demographics are scary.

Re: The Situation In France [message #54826 is a reply to message #54825] Sun, 06 November 2005 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I didn`t read the whole article; too long - and I heard and see about it before. Everybody to whom I speak lately, and who lives in "Western Europe" told me the same story. The "Old World" we used to know is "falling apart", those changes are very large in Germany, for example.
Old population, who actually built those cultures and economies appeared in defansive to the new comers and "new kids" who obviously don`t respect "the rules of the game". Some political "strengths" actually count on "new order", and new population.
Some "strangers" do not want to "socialize" themselves, they have their own rules, religions, way of life.

Re: The Situation In France [message #54827 is a reply to message #54826] Sun, 06 November 2005 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Interesting. I am always wary of anecdotal descriptions of large subjects like crime and poverty. To reduce these huge issues to a few personal stories of incidents of note seems to betray the authenticity of the experience.
The point of the aricle and I did read it in toto addresses the real issue which is you create a situation where you import large numbers of workers to defray the cost of labor but the reality is you only import potential trouble. We will see this here in the actions of the massive numbers of illegals that will turn on us the minute their livelihoods are threatened.
When you save that 50c on towels in Wal-Mart you spend 4$ on the health care for that worker who is not making enough money to pay for it themselves.
To support their lifestyle the French have become the victims of simple economics. Same thing happened in Rome 2000 yrs ago and every age in between.
The city planning mirrors our own disatrous attempts in the 1950's to provide public housing. Makes you woder how planners cannot see that wharehousing mass numbers of people in what amounts to verticle ghettos will creat opportunities for alienation and de-cultureisation.

You simply cannot create a permanent underclass without suffering the consequences.

I just finished reading ,"Paris To The Moon", by Adam Gopnik.
Very enjoyable and a good description of Anglo-French differences.
Nice topic; there's lot of angles there of interest.

Re: The Situation In France [message #54828 is a reply to message #54827] Sun, 06 November 2005 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)

The fall of Roman Empire is the one of the most interesting (and "didactial" history stories. Where did all those Vandals come from?

Re: The Situation In France [message #54829 is a reply to message #54828] Sun, 06 November 2005 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
From Mr. and Mrs. Vandal.
Hey; no lyrics?

Re: The Situation In France [message #54830 is a reply to message #54829] Sun, 06 November 2005 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Sorry, forgot...

Vandals: The Lyrics [message #54831 is a reply to message #54829] Mon, 07 November 2005 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
elektratig is currently offline  elektratig
Grand Master
"The pump don't work
'Cause the Vandals took the handles"

Re: Vandals: The Lyrics [message #54832 is a reply to message #54831] Mon, 07 November 2005 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Good one; now why didn't I think of that!

I just read in the newspaper that 26.4% of all music sales goes to over 45 yrs old. The baby boomers purchase all the music. I really didn't know that.

Re: Vandals: The Lyrics [message #54834 is a reply to message #54832] Tue, 08 November 2005 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Martinelli is currently offline  Bill Martinelli
Illuminati (1st Degree)
c'mon now. we all know that the thieving kids that download tons of free music are now buying it all!

Re: Vandals: The Lyrics [message #54837 is a reply to message #54834] Tue, 08 November 2005 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
And masquerading as old farts. My son and his friends listen to Zepplin Beatles AC/DC, Aerosmith. It's like listening to an oldies station in his room. The other day I had some of them in the car and was playing Zappa; they all went nuts asking what that was; then Captain Beefheart came on. They said it sounds like he's puking.

Previous Topic: Hey; what about the Colts and Peyton Manning/ beat the Pats
Next Topic: Arnold
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 07 14:26:58 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout