Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » tweeter NOS
tweeter NOS [message #52406] Sun, 03 August 2008 22:34 Go to next message
solomty is currently offline  solomty
Esquire
Hy Wayne . Please tell me how much could cost in 2008 dlls the Motorola 1056 NOS . I neede the price as reference .Thanks

Re: tweeter NOS [message #52407 is a reply to message #52406] Sun, 03 August 2008 23:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Sorry, I don't know. I haven't used that tweeter since CTS was making them. I'm not even sure if they're available any more, and if so, what the quality is like or what they're worth. I know they weren't available for a long time, but I do seem to remember hearing some rumors that CTS had finally found a buyer for the tooling of those parts. Not sure if that rumor is true or not.

As for NOS, I have no idea what those parts would go for. At the last days of CTS production, I bought a few hundred to support kits while I did some R&D for a replacement speaker. At that time, all my suppliers were sold out. So while I know sometimes NOS stuff "pops up" seemingly out of nowhere, that means someone had to be sitting on the parts. To be real honest, that isn't a part anyone would have saved as opposed to having a closeout sale, so I am leery of NOS sellers. I would think it most likely that claims of NOS piezos are more likely knockoff parts sold as NOS. It's not like that is uncommon, and it even happened back when CTS was making them and selling them pretty cheap.

Re: tweeter NOS [message #52408 is a reply to message #52407] Mon, 04 August 2008 10:26 Go to previous message
solomty is currently offline  solomty
Esquire
Thanks Wayne . regarding the claims of some sellers having real Motorola 1056 I too think that could be a ripp off . I saw a ad in the net from a seller clamming real Motorola NOS 1056 for 30 bucks .Thanks anyway As ever a pleasure to comunicate with you .

Previous Topic: 4Pi Pro port?
Next Topic: I decided to quit fooling around
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 17 09:22:11 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout