Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Two Pi towers with HiVi RT2C-A Planar transducers...?
Two Pi towers with HiVi RT2C-A Planar transducers...? [message #51251] Sun, 08 July 2007 14:05 Go to next message
Eric89GXL is currently offline  Eric89GXL
Esquire
I recently replaced the old-school piezoelectric tweeters in my 2Pi towers with the new DX-25's. The imaging is improved, but the tweeters seem to be at a lower level than the woofers now. The highs might be too subtle for me. I found this tweeter on parts express:

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=297-406&ctab=2#Tabs

Wayne or others, how do you think this would stack up as a replacement tweeter? Seems like it would work well given the efficiency. I'm curious how I'd have to modify the crossover---maybe go to a second-order on the tweeter?

Also, Wayne, do you have a spec sheet available for the Eminence drivers in case I decide to redesign the x-over? I know I have one of the "newer" versions of the woofers that needed the inductor to tame the midrange honk.

Eric

Re: Two Pi towers with HiVi RT2C-A Planar transducers...? [message #51253 is a reply to message #51251] Mon, 09 July 2007 21:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

You could sure give it a try. The DX25 tweeter is a little lower sensitivity than the Alpha 10 woofer, but just a little. See the response curve below:

Re: Two Pi towers with HiVi RT2C-A Planar transducers...? [message #51258 is a reply to message #51251] Wed, 11 July 2007 04:56 Go to previous message
dB is currently offline  dB
Master
Hi Eric,
you need to adjust the xover.

Vifa DX-25's Voice coil resistance [ohm] 2.75
HiVi RT2C DC resistance: 7 ohms

Previous Topic: De-ringing my Pi Seven cabinets
Next Topic: length of port for pi2 towers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:33:22 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects