Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » One last question
One last question [message #50741] Mon, 26 February 2007 15:35 Go to next message
xcortes is currently offline  xcortes
Baron
I had to speed up the finishing of two of my five pi pro fours because I had an issue with a pair of speakers from my "main" system. During the weekend I finished and painted the cabinets. The crossover networks are ready. Tonight I only need to cut and staple the insulation and put the drivers in. I have always soldered the inner wire to the drivers in other speakers I've made. I notice that you don't but rather use some connectors. While I appreciate the benefits of connectors that you can put on easily I like the connection you get soldering the driver. Any advice against this practice? (Also I don't have connectors and I need to finish these speakers!)

thanks,

xavier

Re: One last question [message #50742 is a reply to message #50741] Mon, 26 February 2007 16:52 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I used to be kind of picky about soldering everything too. Mechanical connectors seemed to me to be the place where problems creep in, so I did away with them. But then I realized that as long as the physical contact is good, no corrosion or electrolysis, then there is really nothing wrong with a mechanical connection. The benefit of ease of maintenance makes it worthwhile to me. As with all things, you trade one thing for another. I think there is a benefit in having the connectors on speakers, so I use them.

Previous Topic: JBL 2450H
Next Topic: My first crossover network: pic and questions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 18 13:28:46 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout