Home » Audio » Thermionic Emissions » Transcendent SET OTL
Transcendent SET OTL [message #9929] Sun, 11 March 2007 15:41 Go to next message
jcmusic is currently offline  jcmusic
Esquire
Anyone here have any expirence with one of these amps? What is your opinion of the way it sounds?

Re: Transcendent SET OTL [message #9930 is a reply to message #9929] Tue, 13 March 2007 18:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

As close as they are to LSAF, we're all hoping they'll show up.

Re: Transcendent SET OTL [message #9955 is a reply to message #9929] Sun, 22 April 2007 21:56 Go to previous message
steve f is currently offline  steve f
Master
Bruce Rozenblit designs great sounding OTL amps. IMHO he is the best tube amp designer out there. I bought one and for its intended purpose, high efficiency single driver speakers, I doubt you could do better. The sound is smooth, detailed, very full ranged with typical Transcendent Sound bass, better than any other tube amp. Rated at 1 1/2 Watts into an 8 Ohm load, the amp is the strongest 1 1/2 Watts I have ever experienced. The SE-OTL isn't for everybody. Because it is a true Class A OTL, it generates a lot of heat for its size. If you have really efficient speakers, Horn Shoppe Horns, Lowthers, or such, having an 8-16 Ohm load, you will be rewarded. I like to describe the sound like pure drops of water, crystal clear, with depth, and substance. I don't want to listen to SET amps any more.

Steve F

Previous Topic: CAT SL-1 Signature pre-amp
Next Topic: I'm tired of Ausios
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:19:14 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers