Home » Audio » General » Voice Actors
Voice Actors [message #97602] Fri, 05 April 2024 10:01 Go to next message
Echo is currently offline  Echo
Baron
What do you think about the importance of voice actors in movies when it's a non-human character? In my opinion, the actor can make or break the character and is capable of making you either love or hate the movie/TV show.

One example comes to mind: Smaug, the dragon in The Hobbit. I think Benedict Cumberbatch did a brilliant job there.

What do you guys think?
Re: Voice Actors [message #97622 is a reply to message #97602] Thu, 11 April 2024 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AcousticJack is currently offline  AcousticJack
Baron
I am not sure if it would "make or break" the character honestly, but voice actors are important to a certain extent. Everyone's taste is different, and while you think Smaug was done well, another person might hate that voice. I think it's subjective.
Re: Voice Actors [message #97625 is a reply to message #97622] Fri, 12 April 2024 14:04 Go to previous message
Barryso is currently offline  Barryso
Master
My favorite voice actors were from the 40's, 50's and 60's.

Most are in this article but in my opinion June Foray, Hans Conried, Bea Benaredet, Daws Butler and Paul Frees should have been much higher on the list. But they were the voices of my favorite cartoons and that's my bias.

Mel Blanc is listed as #1 and it's hard to argue that. He'd either be at the top or very near the top of any such list.

https://www.imdb.com/list/ls092532075/
Previous Topic: The new Beatles song & video
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 30 22:57:01 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout