Home » Audio » General » The new Beatles song & video (Thoughts?)
The new Beatles song & video [message #97181] Fri, 10 November 2023 15:33 Go to next message
noodle is currently offline  noodle
Viscount
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Opxhh9Oh3rg

It's pleasant, but the song sounds unfinished, and I also don't know what to think of the AI in both music and video. One of the reasons I loved The Beatles: Get Back series is watching and hearing the group trying to shape bits of songs, on the spot, even when things got repetitive.

What do you think?
Re: The new Beatles song & video [message #97182 is a reply to message #97181] Fri, 10 November 2023 16:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently online  Rusty
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Not one of their hit singles. I think it's more a nostalgic sentiment to the way they were. Good for anyone who really is a big fan.
Re: The new Beatles song & video [message #97187 is a reply to message #97181] Sat, 11 November 2023 15:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Noise is currently offline  The Noise
Master
I think it's great. I'm not a huge Beatles fan, but I do enjoy their music and play it from time to time. This one is going into my YouTube favorites.
Re: The new Beatles song & video [message #97188 is a reply to message #97181] Sun, 12 November 2023 21:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
It's a bit of a dud. Where's the passion? Where's the soul? I'm only interested in the original members in a real band, playing their hearts out. The use of AI is fascinating, and I accept that it's here to stay, but it just sounds so dull and lifeless.
Re: The new Beatles song & video [message #97210 is a reply to message #97188] Mon, 20 November 2023 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Noise is currently offline  The Noise
Master
Madison wrote on Sun, 12 November 2023 21:15
It's a bit of a dud. Where's the passion? Where's the soul? I'm only interested in the original members in a real band, playing their hearts out. The use of AI is fascinating, and I accept that it's here to stay, but it just sounds so dull and lifeless.
Ironic, isn't it? Because of touring being out of the question for them, they turned to studio electronics to experiment with different sounds and ways of producing music. One of the first bands to ever do that.

Now 60 years later, they're doing it again in the form of AI.

Now and Then, indeed.
Re: The new Beatles song & video [message #97418 is a reply to message #97182] Wed, 07 February 2024 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joyce is currently offline  Joyce
Chancellor
Rusty wrote on Fri, 10 November 2023 16:36
Not one of their hit singles. I think it's more a nostalgic sentiment to the way they were. Good for anyone who really is a big fan.
It's far from their highest high. I can see why the song stayed hidden for such a long time.

As I grow older, though, the nostalgia hit harder as I listened a few more times. I also see a bunch of people just loving music even after all these years. At least the song brings a little smile and warmth with it.
Re: The new Beatles song & video [message #97420 is a reply to message #97418] Wed, 07 February 2024 20:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, Not the best of their work. I actually think it detracts from their legacy. They were special...this work isn't. YMMV. I remember the early days. I saw the Ed S show (I was a senior in HS). My parents couldn't understand why Ed let them ruin a perfectly good program. So much for generational differences.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: The new Beatles song & video [message #97426 is a reply to message #97420] Sat, 10 February 2024 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently online  Rusty
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I've long had a personal comical fantasy thought of the late great actor Gary Cooper singing the Beatles song, Love Me Do. Or Clark Gable doing Twist and Shout. I'd pay a dollar for that.
Re: The new Beatles song & video [message #97430 is a reply to message #97181] Tue, 13 February 2024 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mulcahy is currently offline  Mulcahy
Chancellor
Not bad. Don't like it enough to download, but I wouldn't switch to another radio station if it came on.

It's cool that The Beatles still get so much attention.
Re: The new Beatles song & video [message #97599 is a reply to message #97181] Fri, 05 April 2024 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
AcousticJack is currently offline  AcousticJack
Baron
I used to be a big fan of The Beatles when I was a teenager, but not anymore. I enjoy listening to other types of music nowadays. However, this song reminded me of those days. I enjoyed it.
Previous Topic: Audiophile Survey
Next Topic: Voice Actors
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 06:43:40 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout