Home » Audio » General » The Black Friday Sales
The Black Friday Sales [message #97226] Fri, 24 November 2023 14:51 Go to next message
The Noise is currently offline  The Noise
Master
Will there ever be a year when big screen T.V.s are not featured prominently in Black Friday sales ads?

Do people still not have enough televisions after all these years?
Re: The Black Friday Sales [message #97229 is a reply to message #97226] Sat, 25 November 2023 20:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, I figure that they will be like cockroaches and twinkies and will be around forever. Laughing But if they put chips in our brains Shocked we may not need TV at all. Frightning really.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: The Black Friday Sales [message #97231 is a reply to message #97226] Sun, 26 November 2023 15:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leot55 is currently offline  Leot55
Master
I've wondered about that myself. Maybe they're getting ever bigger. TVs have gotten rather lame. Nothing radically new has come out in a long time.
Re: The Black Friday Sales [message #97232 is a reply to message #97231] Wed, 29 November 2023 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Having grown up with the medium from when it was a screen size a fraction of what is the standard today and quality of picture that was primitive to watch programming. What we get today in quantity and quality is stunning. I don't know what more progress can or will be made to further the experience. Maybe a holographic immersion in the future. But looking at the picture of the higher end tv's now almost seems unreal reality. I just want longevity to be factored into their manufacture.
Re: The Black Friday Sales [message #97237 is a reply to message #97226] Thu, 30 November 2023 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Silver is currently offline  Silver
Viscount
In a capitalistic society ruled by planned obsolescence, don't hold your breath, friend. Quality had been forced out by profit a long time ago.

I started paying attention to small, local stores for my shopping quite a few years ago. They may be pricier, but the products have a more personal feel to them. Like I put some thought into the purchase.
Re: The Black Friday Sales [message #97239 is a reply to message #97226] Thu, 30 November 2023 15:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Miami is currently offline  Miami
Viscount
Start a rumor that they cause Retinal cancer. That will slow things down. Laughing

Yeah, I don't know what the fascination is either.

Think I'm going to start shopping for tube T.V.'s and go retro this year for Christmas.

The way Santa intended. Cool
Re: The Black Friday Sales [message #97240 is a reply to message #97239] Thu, 30 November 2023 20:40 Go to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, I still have a small color tube tv in use in one bathroom. About the size of a large shoe box with a 10 inch screen. Roughly 15 years old and works perfectly on the CATV. I also have an original IBM CGA monitor in storage. Works perfectly as well. I have been casually looking for an original IBM PC case and would fill it with new guts. Seems that everyone thinks theirs is made of gold and wants a pound of it or so for it. As for new TV...I was in Walmart today and they are selling 4K 65 inch ones dirt cheap. 55s for $300. I saw a 120 for sale somewhere...I would need to enlarge my house to fit it. I figure I am going to wait for the brain chip implant and hope no one hacks it. Boy would they be confused if they did. Very Happy

Good Listening
Bruce
Previous Topic: Will Folk Music Gradually Fade?
Next Topic: Rosalyn Carter
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 16:44:52 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout