Home » Audio » General » Lost in the Supermarket (Songs of youth playing in the grocery)
Lost in the Supermarket [message #97156] Thu, 02 November 2023 22:33 Go to next message
noodle is currently offline  noodle
Viscount
Some years back, The Clash's song of this thread title came on while I was shopping for groceries. I was amused and felt ancient at the same time. Have you been surprised by songs you heard in the cereal aisle?
Re: Lost in the Supermarket [message #97157 is a reply to message #97156] Fri, 03 November 2023 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Yeah, it's fun sometimes to hear an old song while shopping, one perhaps forgotten but instantly recognized upon hearing. I love things like that.
Re: Lost in the Supermarket [message #97160 is a reply to message #97157] Fri, 03 November 2023 20:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, I heard a Jefferson Airplane one at the phone store about an hour ago. Mostly it seems like the musical renditions of songs are played in the stores here.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Lost in the Supermarket [message #97178 is a reply to message #97156] Wed, 08 November 2023 04:14 Go to previous message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
Huh, I hadn't keyed in on this before, but I believe that the stores in my area have all quit playing music. It's amazing what you stop noticing over time and only think of it when someone else brings it up.

Ancient? No way! The Clash will never truly go out of style.
Previous Topic: Dreamweaver
Next Topic: BF equipment deals?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 17:13:24 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout