Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Musicians under-appreciated and now appreciated
Musicians under-appreciated and now appreciated [message #96950] Mon, 28 August 2023 22:20 Go to next message
noodle is currently offline  noodle
Viscount
The Rolling Stones thread got me wondering: Are there artists you used to ignore or even flat-out dislike, and now you're singing quite a different tune about them?

Ringo used to be the Beatle I overlooked, for no good reason!
Re: Musicians under-appreciated and now appreciated [message #96951 is a reply to message #96950] Tue, 29 August 2023 16:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

When I was a teenager, I would only listen to progressive rock like Yes, Genesis, Peter Gabriel and Gentle Giant. I liked the Moody Blues too, which is a little different but still somewhat cerebral. I wouldn't listen to anything else.

But later in life, I sort of relaxed and began to enjoy music that was catchy, even if simple.

Now I like a variety of different kinds of music.
Re: Musicians under-appreciated and now appreciated [message #96952 is a reply to message #96951] Wed, 30 August 2023 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
That's a good topic but I'll be dogged if I can think of an example. I've always had a wide range of musical interest. But I seem to have maintained my list of no way artists. I'll keep dredging the old noggin. Pretty messy in there.
Re: Musicians under-appreciated and now appreciated [message #96953 is a reply to message #96951] Thu, 31 August 2023 21:46 Go to previous message
noodle is currently offline  noodle
Viscount
Wayne Parham wrote on Tue, 29 August 2023 16:42

I liked the Moody Blues too, which is a little different but still somewhat cerebral.
When I first heard "Nights in White Satin," I thought it was "Knights in White Satin." Most ineffective knights ever.

Back to the topic, I focus on drummers more than I ever have.
Previous Topic: Binge-worthy on Paramount+?
Next Topic: Don't Let There Be A Fourth
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 27 02:27:04 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout