Home » Audio » General » Are you a Stones fanatic?
Are you a Stones fanatic? [message #96924] Thu, 17 August 2023 15:03 Go to next message
Airforce 3 is currently offline  Airforce 3
Viscount
I found a new podcast through one of the podcasts I visit almost daily. It's called Stones Touring Party (S.T.P. for short), and so far it's really entertaining!

I thought I knew everything there is to know about The Stones as a band. I did not, in fact, know everything. A large part of what we will be hearing in upcoming episodes is based on previously unheard audio clips of "interviews" with the band members. This happened during their Exile On Main Street tour, and from a book titled STP by Robert Greenfield. There is only the introduction episode and two regular episodes on air right now. Each new episode drops every Wednesday and you can find it on any platform you use to listen to podcasts. I use PodBeam.

Fascinating stuff. I give it a 10 out of 10 so far.
Re: Are you a Stones fanatic? [message #96928 is a reply to message #96924] Sun, 20 August 2023 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I'm a long standing Rolling Stones appreciater. How Keith Richards managed to last this long goes against all medical reasoning. Interesting to find out that he has been the principal song writer in the group. I think their blues roots have kept them a viable group all these years. They personify the saying, blues had a baby and called it rock and roll.

I need to take a picture of an old apartment building around where I live. with the name. The Stones.
Re: Are you a Stones fanatic? [message #96936 is a reply to message #96928] Mon, 21 August 2023 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
noodle is currently offline  noodle
Viscount
Rusty wrote on Sun, 20 August 2023 07:58
How Keith Richards managed to last this long goes against all medical reasoning. Interesting to find out that he has been the principal song writer in the group.
Richards has a good voice. Not as distinctive as Jagger's, but it suits country or more laidback songs well. I like "Salt of the Earth."

Re: Are you a Stones fanatic? [message #96937 is a reply to message #96936] Mon, 21 August 2023 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I agree, he does hold his own. Rock n roll ain't no opera. So a bit of raunchiness is more good than bad.
You got the silver & coming down again stand out for me.
Shucks I think Ringo has a good voice.
Re: Are you a Stones fanatic? [message #96946 is a reply to message #96937] Sat, 26 August 2023 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Viscount
Rusty wrote on Mon, 21 August 2023 11:36
Shucks I think Ringo has a good voice.
Yes, I agree. My Ringo appreciation has grown over time, especially after seeing the Peter Jackson mega-series about the Beatles.

Sorry for the diversion, but I had to chime in!
Re: Are you a Stones fanatic? [message #97077 is a reply to message #96924] Fri, 20 October 2023 03:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I discovered The Stones when Sticky Fingers came out, and I've been hooked ever since. It's funny how, at the time, they epitomized what Rock-N-Roll was all about. But over time they became just another band out of thousands.

But the thing is, they're still going while their peers are either gone or doing the county fair circuits. They clawed their way to the top in the '60's, things changed over the decades, and they wound up back on top some 60 years later.
Re: Are you a Stones fanatic? [message #97078 is a reply to message #97077] Fri, 20 October 2023 20:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, Love them or hate them...they are still going strong. A new album and a concert with lady Gaga...Most folks don't live as long as they have and certainly few have the energy of the members.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Are you a Stones fanatic? [message #97081 is a reply to message #96924] Sun, 22 October 2023 15:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Strum Drum is currently offline  Strum Drum
Master
What gets me is how long they've been alive. I know we lost Charlie Watts in 2021, but Mike Jagger and Keith Richards are still kicking, despite all those years of partying. They still look about the same, too.
Re: Are you a Stones fanatic? [message #97106 is a reply to message #96924] Fri, 27 October 2023 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Viscount
Haven't heard the new album yet. Any thoughts on it?

The other day, I was thinking of how much I still like "Waiting On a Friend." It's probably not considered even one of their 50 best.
Re: Are you a Stones fanatic? [message #97107 is a reply to message #97106] Fri, 27 October 2023 15:50 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Sonny Rollins saxifying on that track. I like that album. It has some nice ballads on it, including Waiting on a Friend.
I'd almost like to see these old rockers despite being loath to big venues, before either Jagger or Richards croak. Losing either one ends the legacy.
Previous Topic: Is this a good DAC option?
Next Topic: Buying Music With Cryptocurrency
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 06:24:03 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout