Home » Audio » Silicon Valley » A little something I cooked up
A little something I cooked up [message #96913] Sat, 12 August 2023 21:27 Go to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
I really didn't need this so it is just a fun project. Very clean phono preamp paired with some small amps. It is somewhat modular as the amps and power supply are modular. The power supply is overkill for sure...but with phones any hum is really bad news. It can drive speakers as well and is rather loud. About 1/2-1 watt per channel. Cheap to build as well./forum/index.php?t=getfile&id=3343&private=0 /forum/index.php?t=getfile&id=3344&private=0

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: A little something I cooked up [message #96915 is a reply to message #96913] Sun, 13 August 2023 08:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Nice! I love the Burr Brown OPA2134. The TI version seems to be very good too.
Re: A little something I cooked up [message #97295 is a reply to message #96913] Sat, 30 December 2023 18:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Strum Drum is currently offline  Strum Drum
Master
Impressive! That's a lot of oomph in such a tiny box. Thanks for sharing the construction details. I might try to build one on a rainy day, after I price it out. About how long did it take you to put it together?
Re: A little something I cooked up [message #97298 is a reply to message #97295] Sat, 30 December 2023 19:51 Go to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, It took about a day. Nothing critical, but layout can be an issue if you haven't worked with DIP ICs. Everything seems to get in the way of the negative (inverting to output) feed back components. I attached a photo that uses some of the small pcbs I like to use for smaller builds. It is for a full featured preamp with digital control, phono section, line stage and headphone output. The little pcbs came from Marlin Jones on the web (a good surplus parts house). They are designed for DIP use. Radio shack had similar ones and I believe I saw another brand recently. I like to build in modules so these are really good for that. /forum/index.php?t=getfile&id=3394&private=0

Good Listening
Bruce
Previous Topic: Tubes versus Transistors
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 14:00:30 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers