Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 2 and 4 Pi
2 and 4 Pi [message #96914] Sun, 13 August 2023 02:38 Go to next message
Paolocuso is currently offline  Paolocuso
Esquire
Hello Wayne, first of all thank you for your availability and patience. I'm Paolo and I'm making two of your projects, the Two pi and the Four pi. I have a couple of questions for you: what is the minimum cabinet volume to use for both speakers? Even playing with the absorbent material. The other question: is it possible to use a cheaper tweeter on Four pi? For example Eminence ASD 1001? I know that you rightly don't like these questions, because it speaks of projects that are not yours, but allow me to ask you. Thanks in advance and greetings to you and to everyone from Como, Italy.
Re: 2 and 4 Pi [message #96916 is a reply to message #96914] Sun, 13 August 2023 08:21 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I've measured a few of Eminence's compression drivers made after the PSD2002. They are fine, but didn't push me towards offering them. You can try the ASD-1001B, but to do that you'll need to adjust the R1/R2 values to compensate for the reduced sensitivity of the ASD driver.

As for volume adjustments, that suggests making a change in the dimensions of the cabinet. That would require a whole new set of acoustic measurements to find out what the change has done to the internal standing waves and the resulting response curve.
Previous Topic: speaker plans 4 pi
Next Topic: Pi 4 plans
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 18:04:28 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout