Home » Audio » Source » The "Fad" Doesn't Seem To Be Dying
The "Fad" Doesn't Seem To Be Dying [message #96902] Sat, 12 August 2023 03:11 Go to next message
Silver is currently offline  Silver
Viscount
I was strolling through a major retail store yesterday, and the amount of space dedicated to vinyl seems to have expanded. People are going back to the glory days of recording and listening, and I couldn't be happier.

Have any of you noticed that too?
Re: The "Fad" Doesn't Seem To Be Dying [message #96904 is a reply to message #96902] Sat, 12 August 2023 04:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Airforce 3 is currently offline  Airforce 3
Viscount
Yes, I have.

I've also noticed the choices range from old to new. The glory days of the 70s to the present.

I won't buy new artists, but it's nice to see the option.
Re: The "Fad" Doesn't Seem To Be Dying [message #96905 is a reply to message #96904] Sat, 12 August 2023 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I haven't noticed maybe because I don't do much retail brick and mortar shopping for audio and records. It's just a continuum for me. Never having stopped using the medium. Glad it's popular with youth. I don't know if they'll particularly treasure the continuation into their later adult life. But like Chuck Berry sang. "C'est la vie said the old folks, it goes to show you never can tell".
Re: The "Fad" Doesn't Seem To Be Dying [message #96910 is a reply to message #96905] Sat, 12 August 2023 21:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, Yes vinyl is now back in stores. Some of the same ones have discontinued CDs. The "killer" has been killed off. Well not completely, but I seem to recall a few months back that vinyl sales are now up to where they were nearly 20 years ago. Since I prefer analog devices that is fine with me.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: The "Fad" Doesn't Seem To Be Dying [message #97076 is a reply to message #96902] Wed, 18 October 2023 19:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Strum Drum is currently offline  Strum Drum
Master
Yeah, records are even sold at Walmart now. Everyone from Adele to Taylor Swift has an album on vinyl there. I wonder if the old chain stores, like Camelot and Sam Goody, could've remained in business today if they'd just hung on until the vinyl resurgence.
Re: The "Fad" Doesn't Seem To Be Dying [message #97093 is a reply to message #97076] Tue, 24 October 2023 18:32 Go to previous message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
What is to say they can't get back in the game? At the very least, on a small scale. There are mom and pop owned stores, but maybe we can get another one out there that can be franchised in many cities.
Previous Topic: Where do you typically buy your music?
Next Topic: How Does This Happen?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 03:05:23 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout