Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Don't Let There Be A Fourth
Don't Let There Be A Fourth [message #96871] Sat, 29 July 2023 17:15 Go to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
About a week ago, Tony Bennet passed. Then Sinead O'Conner.

Now it's Randy Meisner. I'm a huge Eagles fan, so that one hurt.

Remember, they come in three's.

No more. Sad

Re: Don't Let There Be A Fourth [message #96874 is a reply to message #96871] Sun, 30 July 2023 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Man, I hear you. If you don't already have a copy of the duet Blue-Ray with Tony Bennet and Lady Gaga - buy it. It seems like an odd match but they were perfect together.
Re: Don't Let There Be A Fourth [message #96876 is a reply to message #96871] Sun, 30 July 2023 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Strum Drum is currently offline  Strum Drum
Master
I was saddened to hear about Sinead O'Conner. She seemed so heartbroken. I had no idea that her son had passed away earlier. You don't hear much about some of these people until they're already gone.

Re: Don't Let There Be A Fourth [message #96878 is a reply to message #96876] Sun, 30 July 2023 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Unlike the rest of us who truly pass with limited notice, they get some public eulogy. Like the line Paul Newman said in the old movie Hud. "Happens to everybody-horses, dogs, men. Nobody gets outa life alive".
Re: Don't Let There Be A Fourth [message #96899 is a reply to message #96871] Sat, 12 August 2023 02:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Silver is currently offline  Silver
Viscount
And now, sadly, Robbie Robertson.

I think it was yesterday when I heard the news.

It's sad for the artist's immediate family, but what would be really sad was if their entire body of work also died.
Re: Don't Let There Be A Fourth [message #96907 is a reply to message #96899] Sat, 12 August 2023 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Just his body. His legacy of work will live on. What's with the angst over celebrities croaking. Guess it's just the age old lament on mortality.
Re: Don't Let There Be A Fourth [message #96965 is a reply to message #96871] Mon, 04 September 2023 16:21 Go to previous message
Strum Drum is currently offline  Strum Drum
Master
I guess Jimmy Buffett's passing brings us up to the 5th loss. I wish I could've been at that Rhode Island restaurant to take in his last concert. From what I understand, it was a fluke.

What is it with this year? It feels like my favorite musicians are dropping like flies.
Previous Topic: Musicians under-appreciated and now appreciated
Next Topic: WBAI Remnants
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 10:12:26 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout