Home » Audio » Home Theater » Anyone score a free Telly 4K TV? (complete with ad screen)
Anyone score a free Telly 4K TV? [message #96860] Sun, 23 July 2023 15:56 Go to next message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
Let's hear it - did anyone score one of those free 4K TVs that Telly was giving away? I think they were handing out 500,000 of them. The TVs were free because they come with a second screen that constantly pushes advertisements. The television looks pretty upscale for a 55-inch freebie. If you scored one, let us know how it turned out. If you didn't, would you ever go for it in the future? What's your take on the free Telly 4K TV?
Re: Anyone score a free Telly 4K TV? [message #96861 is a reply to message #96860] Mon, 24 July 2023 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I'd never heard of it. But taking a quick look at the come on. No. Capital H no. Just another slick revenue stream generating scheme. Not worth the aggravation being constantly bombarded by subluminal and blatant advertising.
Re: Anyone score a free Telly 4K TV? [message #96864 is a reply to message #96860] Mon, 24 July 2023 20:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leot55 is currently offline  Leot55
Master
After my experience with Alexa pushing ads on me, I'll never get another smart TV if I can help it, not even if it's free. I read about those free TVs on Wired and wondered how they'd know if someone covered up the second screen as a way to ignore the ads. That tells me that there must be some heavy-duty surveillance going on.
Re: Anyone score a free Telly 4K TV? [message #96884 is a reply to message #96860] Thu, 03 August 2023 04:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Strum Drum is currently offline  Strum Drum
Master
Can't say I've heard of it. I find it unimaginable that the company can recoup their costs just from advertisements. It's a novelty scheme at best. I'd probably sign up for one if it was offered again, though, just to see what it's all about.
Re: Anyone score a free Telly 4K TV? [message #97459 is a reply to message #96864] Sun, 25 February 2024 20:55 Go to previous message
Joyce is currently offline  Joyce
Chancellor
Leot55 wrote on Mon, 24 July 2023 20:32
After my experience with Alexa pushing ads on me, I'll never get another smart TV if I can help it, not even if it's free. I read about those free TVs on Wired and wondered how they'd know if someone covered up the second screen as a way to ignore the ads. That tells me that there must be some heavy-duty surveillance going on.
These days, we go to Google to look up certain products, and related ads will appear on YouTube or Chrome right after. I even get ads for stuff I discuss with colleagues over WhatsApp! Technology is scary these days, especially those "smart" gadgets, so much so that I miss the simple old days.
Previous Topic: Available For All?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 04:17:40 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout