Home » Audio » General » Gordon Lightfoot
Gordon Lightfoot [message #96661] Tue, 02 May 2023 18:47 Go to next message
Concorde is currently offline  Concorde
Master
I just heard the news of Gordon Lightfoot's passing. He was 84. Canada is in mourning and the rest of the world has lost a top talent. What is your favorite Lightfoot son?

This always had a haunting quality to it, so it's always been #1 in my book.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vST6hVRj2A

Re: Gordon Lightfoot [message #96677 is a reply to message #96661] Sat, 06 May 2023 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dervlin is currently offline  dervlin
Chancellor
I liked his Don Quixote album best. There are too many stellar songs on that one to name. So, what happened? He must've been in his 80s, so I guess it's not surprising. It sure still feels like a shock to the system, though.
Re: Gordon Lightfoot [message #96687 is a reply to message #96661] Tue, 09 May 2023 20:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Concorde is currently offline  Concorde
Master
He died of natural causes. Peacefully going is the way people like him deserve. His sons gave so much to us......... I'm sorry, SONGS (Why do I keep doing that? lol) that this looks like the perfect example of getting back what you give.

Peace be with you, Mr. Lightfoot.
Re: Gordon Lightfoot [message #96703 is a reply to message #96661] Tue, 16 May 2023 19:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Silver is currently offline  Silver
Viscount
I saw a picture not too long ago from his service. He loved dogs, and one of his road crew had a dog that Gordon got close to. The dog was laying right next to his casket. It got me right in the feels.
Re: Gordon Lightfoot [message #96750 is a reply to message #96661] Fri, 02 June 2023 17:04 Go to previous message
noodle is currently offline  noodle
Viscount
I subscribe to Rick Beato's YT channel. He did a great breakdown of Lightfoot's "If You Could Read My Mind," which had me listening to the song on repeat pretty much for days: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X33YyowZZxQ
Previous Topic: Aesthetic Sensitivity
Next Topic: Life Was Simpler
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 12:40:30 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout