Home » Audio » Movies & Music » What happened to Prime Music?
What happened to Prime Music? [message #96614] Sun, 09 April 2023 19:35 Go to next message
Strum Drum is currently offline  Strum Drum
Master
Has anyone noticed how Prime Music has changed? I can't request my favorite songs anymore. Instead of playing the thing I asked for, Alexa shuffles music by similar artists. What is this about? I can't even play the songs that I've bought outright.
Re: What happened to Prime Music? [message #96615 is a reply to message #96614] Sun, 09 April 2023 22:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
noodle is currently offline  noodle
Viscount
I gave up on Prime a few years ago and stick to Apple Music now. I don't even ask Alexa to play songs anymore -- not sure if I'm bad at pronouncing artists and titles, or the selection is unappealing. Both?
Re: What happened to Prime Music? [message #96616 is a reply to message #96615] Mon, 10 April 2023 03:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dervlin is currently offline  dervlin
Chancellor
Can you really not access your music? I'd contact customer service about that if I were you. I don't mess with the stuff because I find AI assistants more of a hindrance than a helpful tool. However, my daughter uses it, and she's been complaining about that issue for months now, so it's been like that for a while. Apparently, Amazon wants their members to subscribe to their Unlimited Plan. I guess it's not enough to pay for a Prime subscription, now they want you to pay an additional fee each month.
Re: What happened to Prime Music? [message #96618 is a reply to message #96616] Mon, 10 April 2023 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
The prime directive of Prime via Alexa is to sell more product, or access I guess these days of streaming. That's the motive of commercial AI isn't it? Service takes a back seat to profit. I'd tell Alexa to put it where the sun don't shine. She might though suggest the song, Expensive Shit, by Fela Kuti. Which case that'd be a good tip.
Re: What happened to Prime Music? [message #96619 is a reply to message #96614] Tue, 11 April 2023 04:14 Go to previous message
Strum Drum is currently offline  Strum Drum
Master
Dervlin, I can listen to my music through the website, but that's hardly convenient, and it isn't the same listening experience. Sometimes I'd like to hear it through my soundbar which offers better audio quality than my laptop speakers. What's really strange is that Alexa will still play my audiobooks with no problem.
Previous Topic: The Gong Show
Next Topic: I'll finish watching it later
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 05:36:17 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout