Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Oscars nominees list
Oscars nominees list [message #96443] Mon, 27 February 2023 11:45 Go to next message
noodle is currently offline  noodle
Viscount
Have you seen anything from the Best Picture or other category?
https://www.oscars.org/oscars/ceremonies/2023
I saw the first roughly 20 minutes of Elvis. The actor playing Elvis as a little kid was amazing, but I started losing interest in the movie after he left the screen.
Re: Oscars nominees list [message #96445 is a reply to message #96443] Tue, 28 February 2023 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dervlin is currently offline  dervlin
Chancellor
I've seen the Avatar sequel. It was nowhere as good as the first, but I'm not surprised to see that it was nominated. Maybe I'm just cynical, but they tend to nominate the films that were made with massive budgets.
Re: Oscars nominees list [message #96448 is a reply to message #96443] Wed, 01 March 2023 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Porter is currently offline  Porter
Viscount
Dervlin, I felt the same way about the sequel. It was all flash. The show droned, went on and on and on. The story wasn't worth telling in the end.

Noodle, that's an interesting take on Elvis. I've seen that one and thought it was okay. It wasn't captivating, but I didn't hate it.

A surprisingly good show from the list is the Top Gun sequel. Val Kilmer is unrecognizable in the film where he's had so much work done, but he and Tom Cruise still have undeniable chemistry on the big screen. The show tells a great story. Plus, you get a hit of nostalgia. It's worth a watch if you haven't already seen it.

Re: Oscars nominees list [message #96452 is a reply to message #96443] Wed, 01 March 2023 14:21 Go to previous message
noodle is currently offline  noodle
Viscount
I do want to see Top Gun: Maverick more than anything else on the list. I've heard nice comments about The Fabelmans as well, and I'm getting more curious about Everything Everywhere At Once.
Previous Topic: Tribute to late Burt Bacharach
Next Topic: The Gong Show
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 07:29:15 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout