Home » Audio » Craftsmen » Refurbishing An Old Radio / Turntable
Refurbishing An Old Radio / Turntable [message #96333] Sun, 05 February 2023 18:27 Go to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Are there any stores that specialize in items needed to restore very old audio equipment? I have no idea how old this item is, except to say that the turntable is built like nothing I've seen before. I can take pics tomorrow, and send them here shortly after, but I was just wondering if the typical home improvement stores would have what I need, or should I look elsewhere?
Re: Refurbishing An Old Radio / Turntable [message #96334 is a reply to message #96333] Sun, 05 February 2023 19:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

There are parts companies that specialize in older electronics. Here's one:
Re: Refurbishing An Old Radio / Turntable [message #96337 is a reply to message #96334] Mon, 06 February 2023 20:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
+1 on AES. also..... lots of TT parts http://www.esotericsound.com/access.htm might also be useful http://www.oldradioparts.com/pg17.htm

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Refurbishing An Old Radio / Turntable [message #96342 is a reply to message #96333] Tue, 07 February 2023 18:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
Yeah, unfortunately, you'll have to source parts from the web, so it might be tough to determine what you need without a professional giving it a look. Sadly, there aren't many brick and mortar shops that specialize in repairing and refurbishing antiques anymore.
Re: Refurbishing An Old Radio / Turntable [message #96346 is a reply to message #96342] Wed, 08 February 2023 19:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Concorde is currently offline  Concorde
Master
Yeah, brick and mortar has gone online. There was probably a huge surge of businesses making that change back when Covid first hit.

I'm looking forward to those pictures, buddy. I'm a fan of the old stuff.
Re: Refurbishing An Old Radio / Turntable [message #96365 is a reply to message #96333] Sun, 12 February 2023 03:52 Go to previous message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I'm looking forward to those pictures too!

We get busy and things get pushed back.

I'm semi-retired, so it will happen soon. I'm mainly intrigued by the turntable.
Previous Topic: Stripping dye off keyboard
Next Topic: What's in those things?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:20:26 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout