Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Plans for 7 Pi and 4 PI Please (requesting plans)
Plans for 7 Pi and 4 PI Please [message #96282] Tue, 17 January 2023 18:02 Go to next message
Dave BS is currently offline  Dave BS
Esquire
Hi Wayne, my I please have plans for the 7 PI and 4 PI. I want to make a home theater front LR and Center. Also, do you think that a set of JBL 2226 HPL's would work in place of the JBL 2226? Not sure what the difference is, or if there is one.

Thanks for your great site and support.

Dave
Re: Plans for 7 Pi and 4 PI Please [message #96283 is a reply to message #96282] Wed, 18 January 2023 09:48 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Snatch up those 2226HPL drivers! The only differences between the 2226H and 2226HPL versions are cosmetic. Do make sure they're in good shape though, and if in doubt, have 'em reconed with OEM parts. Don't use aftermarket cones. Reconed 2226H drivers are good as new, as long as they have genuine JBL parts.

Please decide which model you prefer and let me know and I'll send you the plans. If your room has layout appropriate for cornerhorns, that would be your best bet. What you want is a room with adjacent corners that are unobstructed for six feet from the apexes. No doorways, no large objects and no open windows in that six foot span. Also, the speakers' axes should cross in front of the listening area. So if the corners are so far apart that the axes would cross far behind the listeners, that's no good. But as long as they cross just in front of the listening area, they layout is good.

Either way - cornerhorns or not - you'll probably want subs. The four Pi loudspeaker works best with flanking subs. A distant multisub or two is nice too for low frequency modal smoothing. Cornerhorns don't use flanking subs, but benefit from distant multisubs placed in either Welti or Geddes configurations.
Previous Topic: 4Pi Plans & a question
Next Topic: Multisubs for pi7
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 09:26:26 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout