Home » Audio » General » Christmas Goodies
Christmas Goodies [message #96248] Thu, 29 December 2022 11:37 Go to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Anyone get any good audio goodies from Santa? (Or Ded Moroz, or Matityahu, or even just a gift from a gal?)

I asked for Vinyl and honestly got a good ton of it. A couple albums by Nat King Cole, some Moodies albums and even an album by the B-52's. Love Shack, baby!
Re: Christmas Goodies [message #96249 is a reply to message #96248] Fri, 30 December 2022 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
No, nope, none. I musta been a mean SOB this last year. Santa flew over and didn't stop.
Glad you got some gifts that keep on giving. Those are nice.
Re: Christmas Goodies [message #96250 is a reply to message #96249] Fri, 30 December 2022 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Woah, dude, send me your address via PM 'cause everybody needs a little stocking stuffer.

What did you do for Christmas? I know it's an assumption that you even celebrate Christmas, but I know most of the guys around here that celebrate other holidays. So you can correct me if I'm wrong there.

One of my best friends lives near me, and like me, he is an import from Tulsa. His dad was a lawyer, and he represented my father's business and me too. Family friends. His demeanor made me think lawyer jokes were just jokes until he passed away and I met other lawyers. Then I began to realize why lawyer jokes have barbs - 'cause lots of lawyers are scoundrels. But in my early years, the only lawyers I met were really great people.

So but none of that was the point. My point is really that this friend really has no living family remaining, so we always have him over for holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas. He's family.

Is your situation kinda like that?

Whatcha gonna do for New Years?

If this is all too personal, take it to PM. But either way, Merry Christmas, Happy New Years, and consider this an open invitation to drive down three hours to visit me sometimes. Or I'll come up there to see you when I can.
Re: Christmas Goodies [message #96251 is a reply to message #96250] Fri, 30 December 2022 15:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Oh I'm good with family and friends. My bad for the seeming deprivement. I meant it in jest. The weather was extreem this Christmas. Below zero, snow and it was as I like to call it, culling weather. So, I had no intention of striking out in the elements with several invitations. I'm long divorced without children. Family and friends are like myself aging with some dealing with health issues. Which is why I hit the gym 5 days a week. Christmas though for me is for the children. I have no religious inclinations. I'm able to observe it with or without company. This year, solo.
But it was just fine. A warm fireplace insert fire, good food and the turntable spinning fine tunes. Santa knows I'm good without his efforts. And an encouragable rapscallion. Thankyou for your always noble intentions. And happy new years!
Re: Christmas Goodies [message #96252 is a reply to message #96251] Fri, 30 December 2022 16:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Oh, that's the best! I'm crackin' up at the "Bah Humbug" humor, now that I see it!
Re: Christmas Goodies [message #96256 is a reply to message #96252] Sun, 01 January 2023 20:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, A good thread. For nearly three years our family has kept mostly apart so our Christmas gift was a family get together with all the trappings. All 12 of us. The best part was that for the first time in nearly 30 years we didn't have to host it. Our eldest daughter did. She wasn't even prodded to do so. Truly amazing and wonderful. I hope your holidays were as good and the new year brings you health, happiness and good fortune.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Christmas Goodies [message #96257 is a reply to message #96256] Mon, 02 January 2023 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Man, Bruce, that's awesome!

Hope that starts an annual tradition!
Re: Christmas Goodies [message #96266 is a reply to message #96248] Tue, 10 January 2023 15:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
johnnycamp5 is currently offline  johnnycamp5
Grand Master
Good stuff guys!

I did get a nice new jersey of my favorite NFL team.
Our family had a merry Christmas and a happy new year.

Christmas we always go to my sisters in Bensalem PA. Then for New Year's Eve we do it at our house...that started two years back, but everyone seems to love it so it's likely a new tradition.

Both occasions, involve music playing in the background, but of course there's usually an after party where things get pretty loud Laughing

These holidays are feeling more valuable to me nowadays, I'm lucky with both my parents still around at 80 yrs...

Wayne, I think that is so nice to have your friend become part of your family...as he has no real family left ☹️ I'll bet it means the world to him.

Have a great new year my friends!

Re: Christmas Goodies [message #96267 is a reply to message #96266] Tue, 10 January 2023 15:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

So much to be grateful for!
Re: Christmas Goodies [message #96312 is a reply to message #96248] Sat, 28 January 2023 11:31 Go to previous message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Nothing audio this year, but I did get a drone. I have the app on my phone to get the video going, but then got busy with other projects.

It's still sitting on a garage table. Laughing

I'll try to get it up in the air tomorrow to video some building tops.
Previous Topic: Let's get some Canned Heat going
Next Topic: Tonality of solid-core copper vs tinned copper speaker cables
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:59:03 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout