Home » Audio » Room Acoustics » How to keep the neighbors' noise out
How to keep the neighbors' noise out [message #88007] Fri, 11 May 2018 15:36 Go to next message
Lost the Remote is currently offline  Lost the Remote
Master
I bought a quiet little apartment, but since I've lived here, one of my neighbors has had twins and gotten a yapping dog while the other neighbor has become hard of hearing and listens to country music and various news stations very loudly. Neither neighbor is being purposefully inconsiderate. So far, I've been dealing with it by using various earplugs and earphones, but is there anything I can add to my space to keep out some of the noise?
Re: How to keep the neighbors' noise out [message #88031 is a reply to message #88007] Wed, 16 May 2018 18:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Strum Drum is currently offline  Strum Drum
Master
This is actually kind of funny could you be neighbors with this thread creator https://audioroundtable.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=21887&start=0&

I'm just kidding and really only wanted to point to jonnycamp5's reply which seems like advice you might be able to use too. He seems to know his stuff.
Re: How to keep the neighbors' noise out [message #88037 is a reply to message #88031] Thu, 17 May 2018 19:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lost the Remote is currently offline  Lost the Remote
Master
Luckily, my neighbors and I have all become friends over the years. I've spent holidays with them when my flight was snowed out and I couldn't go to my sisters. They haven't complained about my early mornings and heels clicking on the floor and I would never complain to them or the HOA either.

Thanks for sharing the link. I'm going to try johnnycamp5's advice since I'll be here for a few years.

Re: How to keep the neighbors' noise out [message #88974 is a reply to message #88007] Tue, 09 October 2018 15:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lilbill is currently offline  lilbill
Master
I have heard of, but not used, the db meter before. I think that the post in the link sums up what anyone can do to keep off unwanted noise. It would be great to live in a 'noisy' environment, but still not to get distracted by any kind of noise.
Re: How to keep the neighbors' noise out [message #95834 is a reply to message #88007] Thu, 14 July 2022 08:12 Go to previous message
Curry is currently offline  Curry
Chancellor
You are in a tricky situation right there! I live in a rented apartment, and when there was so much noise, I talked with the agent before making the decision to move. Now I am enjoying peace again. So can you consider a conversation?

Previous Topic: Same stereo/speakers different sound
Next Topic: Drapes or Curtains
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 10:44:05 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout