Home » Audio » Thermionic Emissions » My Tubey website -suggestions
My Tubey website -suggestions [message #9572] Thu, 02 March 2006 20:01 Go to next message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I'm putting together 3-4 pages of info and pics on tube related stuff and would like any input anyone could give. Info for beginners mostly and some pics of the few things I've done. I had a few extra pages I could use on my LAF website and figured this would be fun.

Thanks, Shane

Excellent! [message #9573 is a reply to message #9572] Fri, 03 March 2006 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

That is reeeeeeeally cool, Shane. Keep us posted as you add new stuff.

Re: My Tubey website -suggestions [message #9574 is a reply to message #9572] Fri, 03 March 2006 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aki is currently offline  Aki
Baron
That's pretty cool, Shane.

A suggestion, if I may. On your SOHA headphone amp, I'd love to see a write up on how you put it together - like the parts you used and where they came from, things you ran into. It's probably all covered in the SOHA thread, but that's a lot of posting to go through.

And I personally would love to learn how you did the woodwork, since I am one of those guys who can't cut straight even with a circular saw.

Oh, and of course, you have got to have a link to ART on the top page....

Thanks - another question for ya'll. [message #9575 is a reply to message #9574] Fri, 03 March 2006 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Could write up a little piece on the SOHA.

Woodwork was all done by hand. Went the old fashioned route on this one. Hand sand, hand cut, the whole bit except for the hole drilling and I only have an electric drill. Hell, man, I can't cut straight with a circular saw! Always looks like a 3rd grader did it! My table saw is so old I can never get the blade at 90 deg. or the fence straight.

Yeah, ART will have a link on the main page and Pi Speakers will have a link and some pics on the speaker page.

If anyone knows of some good demo pics of the wiring layout for a tube amp, I'd be interested. I'd like to post a pic of what good, clean wiring layout should look like as compared to a not-so-good layout just for comparison. Then make a few notes about why one is better than the other.

Re: Thanks - another question for ya'll. [message #9576 is a reply to message #9575] Fri, 03 March 2006 14:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Check Wardswebs site. Extremely clean wiring. Also Valves World. They are DIY'ers but you would swear they were proffessionally done.

Re: My Tubey website -suggestions [message #9577 is a reply to message #9572] Sat, 04 March 2006 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leland Crooks is currently offline  Leland Crooks
Master
That is a great thing. I keep reading on this forum and the others here about SET's and such. I needed somebody with knowhow to point me to beginnner sites. I think the first project will be a GC, but I can see tube amps in my future.

SAFETY Pages Links Added and suggestions wanted [message #9578 is a reply to message #9572] Mon, 06 March 2006 19:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
These are the few I have bookmarked that haven't gotten mysteriously deleted from the family puter. If anyone has any others that are pertinent please let me know.

Speaker Page started--suggestions [message #9579 is a reply to message #9572] Mon, 06 March 2006 19:45 Go to previous message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Got a few pics with links for Pi speakers on the speaker page. Any others are more than welcome to be suggested for review.

Previous Topic: Input transformer
Next Topic: WAD Kel48 or Stoetkit Jr. which one should I get.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:52:14 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio