Home » Audio » Speaker » Ideas for large shop
Ideas for large shop [message #95288] Tue, 22 February 2022 18:24 Go to next message
Mica is currently offline  Mica
Viscount
My workplace is looking to get speakers and some sort of a video setup for meetings. It's a very large, open shop (blocks and cement). Any thoughts on some speakers that would work well in a shop like this?
Re: Ideas for large shop [message #95302 is a reply to message #95288] Thu, 24 February 2022 16:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
We have a similar situation at work, and we use MB2 SE speakers from PMC. They get the job done. I'm not sure about how much they cost, though. I hope you find something that works for you.
Re: Ideas for large shop [message #95308 is a reply to message #95302] Fri, 25 February 2022 20:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, you don't say how large or how much you can spend...but I would look into speakers for PRO use. Such speakers are designed with the idea that large rooms, high volume capability, durability and reliability are key. IMO they would be a better match than ones for hi-fi as they are geared toward fidelity and might sacrifice some of the qualities you really need. Plus they may cost more. If you have the chance, check out an instrument/guitar store and see if you can listen to some and make comparisons.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Ideas for large shop [message #95322 is a reply to message #95288] Sun, 27 February 2022 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mica is currently offline  Mica
Viscount
We did just that, went to a local music store. I was impressed with their selection. We have not made the decision yet as the owner wants to come and look at the shop. It is quite large but we only need the speakers for the bay areas. I believe it is about 300 square feet - wide open.
Re: Ideas for large shop [message #95485 is a reply to message #95288] Mon, 04 April 2022 22:16 Go to previous message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
You might also look into enclosing some of that open space if some of it is used for meetings. It sounds like it's very acoustically unstable.
Previous Topic: Combo B&C DE250 with Altec 811
Next Topic: Loudest Volume Allowed
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:27:40 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout