Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Greatest Love Song
Greatest Love Song [message #95243] Mon, 14 February 2022 11:49 Go to next message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
In honor of Valentine's Day, let's chat about the greatest love songs of all time. One of my favorites is an oldie but a goodie by Marvin Gaye, 'Aint No Mountain High Enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eu2gAqn4I2A

"My love is alive
Way down in my heart
Although we are miles apart
If you ever need a helping hand
I'll be there on the double just as fast as I can"

Those are lyrics that get me every time I hear the song.
Re: Greatest Love Song [message #95244 is a reply to message #95243] Mon, 14 February 2022 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I'm a big fan of early Reggae. There was a style back in the 60's called Lovers Rock. Here's a couple of crooners from that period puttin the lady killer touch with sweet feelings.

Sugar Minott: You Got The Love
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_kuw0L1vHM

Carlton & The Shoes, (the name stuck from a mixup): Love Me Forever
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMiihoAPQmE
Re: Greatest Love Song [message #95247 is a reply to message #95243] Wed, 16 February 2022 21:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mica is currently offline  Mica
Viscount
This is a hard one. There are way too many great love songs. I love old ones and new ones. It's Your Love by Faith and Tim is one of my favorites. Honestly it's too hard because there are some wonderful love songs.
Re: Greatest Love Song [message #95254 is a reply to message #95243] Thu, 17 February 2022 22:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Concorde is currently offline  Concorde
Master
"The One" by Elton John. It's a love song for adults who have been through some things but finally got their payday.

It's a fantastic song all the way around.
Re: Greatest Love Song [message #95317 is a reply to message #95254] Sun, 27 February 2022 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
Concorde wrote on Thu, 17 February 2022 22:02
"The One" by Elton John. It's a love song for adults who have been through some things but finally got their payday.
I'm listening to it now. I love rediscovering music. I haven't listened to that song in ages. I'm not a die-hard Elton John fan, but he's certainly talented.
Re: Greatest Love Song [message #95368 is a reply to message #95243] Sat, 12 March 2022 19:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leot55 is currently offline  Leot55
Master
I like any love song by Adele. She creates such rich melodies and has a magnificent voice. I guess Someone Like You is my absolute favorite of hers. I also love Tears in Heaven by Eric Clapton, which was inspired by the tragedy he faced when his child perished after falling out of a window. It's full of heartfelt emotion and makes me think of my own children.
Re: Greatest Love Song [message #95386 is a reply to message #95243] Tue, 15 March 2022 19:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Csharp is currently offline  Csharp
Viscount
I'll Stand By You by The Pretenders. It's not just telling someone you love them but telling them what you're going to do about it. It's a great song.
Re: Greatest Love Song [message #95397 is a reply to message #95243] Thu, 17 March 2022 02:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spotifier is currently offline  Spotifier
Baron
I've always liked Celine Dion's My Heart Will Go On because it sounds refreshing to the ears. I appreciate that song a lot, and it was the perfect one for the movie Titanic.
Re: Greatest Love Song [message #95642 is a reply to message #95243] Sat, 21 May 2022 18:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dropuc is currently offline  Dropuc
Chancellor
The good old country is the thing for me anytime when it comes to love, ones with calming lyrics that cascade like falling water deep into my soul will do it.

Here for Don Williams:
Lay down Beside me - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0T5ytaWUfE
I Believe In You - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKDEQrFkDhw
Re: Greatest Love Song [message #95645 is a reply to message #95368] Mon, 23 May 2022 01:10 Go to previous message
Souldude is currently offline  Souldude
Viscount
Leot55 wrote on Sat, 12 March 2022 19:14
I like any love song by Adele. She creates such rich melodies and has a magnificent voice. I guess Someone Like You is my absolute favorite of hers. I also love Tears in Heaven by Eric Clapton, which was inspired by the tragedy he faced when his child perished after falling out of a window. It's full of heartfelt emotion and makes me think of my own children.
Make you feel my love wasn't Adele's original, but I loved it when she sang it. You can't help and feel emotional, while the instrumentals were also in tune with it.
Previous Topic: Watching old movies
Next Topic: Memoirs by Musicians?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:46:02 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout