Home » Audio » Home Theater » Whistling noise?
Whistling noise? [message #95090] Tue, 18 January 2022 08:32 Go to next message
LCallan is currently offline  LCallan
Baron
My projector has started making a high-pitched whistling noise that is incredibly annoying. Googling the issue keeps brining up tinnitus, but I'm certain that I don't suffer from that problem, since I only hear the noise when I'm using the projector. I've had the projector for about five years. Is it simply wearing out?
Re: Whistling noise? [message #95093 is a reply to message #95090] Thu, 20 January 2022 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Strum Drum is currently offline  Strum Drum
Master
Does the whistling noise start once you've been running it a while? Maybe it's overheating. Make sure that air can circulate around it. Modern projectors generally have a decent lifespan. It mostly depends on how often you use it.
Re: Whistling noise? [message #95095 is a reply to message #95090] Thu, 20 January 2022 15:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LCallan is currently offline  LCallan
Baron
It happens all the time. As soon as I start it up, the whistling starts. I can't watch anything with it. The whistling is that irritating. I asked my dad to check it out, but he can't hear it. I guess it's too high-pitched.
Re: Whistling noise? [message #95179 is a reply to message #95095] Thu, 03 February 2022 15:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Strum Drum is currently offline  Strum Drum
Master
I'm sorry that I didn't get back with you sooner, LCallan. It could be a blocked vent. Look at your manual and see if tells you how to remove the vent cover. If not, try a site like Fixya. Clean it out and see if that does the trick.
Re: Whistling noise? [message #95245 is a reply to message #95090] Tue, 15 February 2022 09:33 Go to previous message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
Yeah, I'm with Strum Drum, I think you're dealing with a blocked vent. Is your projector mounted to the ceiling? That's a convenient spot to put it to save room, but you have to make sure that cool air can circulate around it.
Previous Topic: Home Theater for the Outdoors
Next Topic: Wifi Projectors
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:03:07 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout