Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 3 Pi plan request
Re: 3 Pi plan request [message #95218 is a reply to message #92896] Mon, 07 February 2022 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ppkstat is currently offline  ppkstat
Baron
Can I also have the plans? I am considering the 3pi for my best build but it's impossible to order anything since I live in Greece. I think I can get the B&C drivers locally along with B&C ME 45 horns (probably will have to make a few adjustments there).

Thank you in advance!
Re: 3 Pi plan request [message #95221 is a reply to message #95218] Mon, 07 February 2022 16:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

You've got mail!

So glad you can get the B&C 12PLB100 and DE250-8 locally. That will greatly reduce the cost. You can also build the crossover to save money. But I would encourage you to get the H290C waveguides from us. Otherwise, the crossover won't be right for the horn.

To keep waveguide shipping costs down, I would recommend using a freight forwarder. They will provide a USA address, which you will then use in the Pi Speakers cart, by entering the address they give you. This will make your shipping costs much lower. Do a search on the internet to find out what freight-forwarding companies are available to you in your area.
Re: 3 Pi plan request [message #95235 is a reply to message #95221] Thu, 10 February 2022 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ppkstat is currently offline  ppkstat
Baron
Dear Wayne,

I am so thankful for what you're doing and for sharing your knowledge so openly. I feel that I have to construct the speaker now (I've already started ordering parts).

Constructing the crossover is the least of my worries. I come from a synth diy background so I am very familiar with designing and constructing pcbs. Cabinet making and wookwork is on the top of my worries, I will probably have to find someone knowledgeable here to construct it. I have a lot of questions about the cabinet making procedures but I won't ask anything now because I am currently going through the forums.

Concerning the horns I had the idea to order a horn locally and then tweaking the crossover according to your crossover technical documents (I've even downloaded AIM spice). It would be great if I could manage that, this way you learn something. However it can be very challenging for the first build. I will get the horns from you. It's not shipping costs that worry me (they are substantial though), what I am worried are the ridiculous customs charges when importing.

I am very excited about the project. Thanks again.
Re: 3 Pi plan request [message #95440 is a reply to message #92896] Thu, 24 March 2022 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alfakias is currently offline  alfakias
Esquire
Could you send me the plans for 3Pi, please?
Re: 3 Pi plan request [message #95441 is a reply to message #95440] Thu, 24 March 2022 12:57 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

You've got mail!
Previous Topic: Converting Studio 2Pis to a 'Plus" configuration
Next Topic: Older 4 Pi speakers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:26:09 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio