Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Worst streaming experience
Worst streaming experience [message #94771] Wed, 10 November 2021 16:30 Go to next message
Leot55 is currently offline  Leot55
Master
It's got to be Amazon Prime Video, right? It's so bad that it's not watchable. I have high-speed internet. I never have a problem with Netflix or Disney+, but Amazon Prime Video keeps buffering and freezing. Which streaming service works the best and worst for you? Oh, and if you've had a great experience with Amazon Prime Video, then please share your trick.
Re: Worst streaming experience [message #94775 is a reply to message #94771] Thu, 11 November 2021 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Souldude is currently offline  Souldude
Viscount
If ads count in making a streaming experience bad, then YouTube. I'd hate it the most when I'd be following a workout, and then suddenly an ad would play. It makes the workout longer, man. I don't even know if I should pause or continue doing the exercise while an ad is playing.
Re: Worst streaming experience [message #94808 is a reply to message #94775] Sat, 13 November 2021 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leot55 is currently offline  Leot55
Master
If you'll use something to block ads, then you won't have to deal with the ads on YouTube. I never see them, so I assume that's why. I use Adblock Plus and uBlock Origin.
Re: Worst streaming experience [message #94809 is a reply to message #94808] Sat, 13 November 2021 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I've used the streaming aggregator Sling that my sister gave me their password for. It ain't nothin but frigging ads. Even YouTube ads are mild compared to it. I don't know if the adblocker's would work on this platform or not. But, I know I wouldn't pay for that joke of a streaming service.
Re: Worst streaming experience [message #94948 is a reply to message #94775] Sat, 18 December 2021 09:44 Go to previous message
AcousticJack is currently offline  AcousticJack
Chancellor
Souldude wrote on Thu, 11 November 2021 09:08
If ads count in making a streaming experience bad, then YouTube. I'd hate it the most when I'd be following a workout, and then suddenly an ad would play. It makes the workout longer, man. I don't even know if I should pause or continue doing the exercise while an ad is playing.
I used to hate that. Don't you just cringe when you're watching something really interesting, only to be interrupted by some stupid and totally unrelated ad? I installed an ad block called uBlock Origin and never looked back. Best ad block ever!
Previous Topic: Do you sleep to music?
Next Topic: Christmas Music
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 04:24:33 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout