Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Discovery+
Discovery+ [message #94319] Mon, 30 August 2021 08:10 Go to next message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
Does anyone sub to Discovery+? Just wondering what their catalog of shows looks like and whether it's worth the monthly fee. I used the free trial when it first came out and wasn't impressed, but that was some time ago. At the moment, I'm mainly interested in watching the Chip and Joanna Gaines' Magnolia Network.
Re: Discovery+ [message #94326 is a reply to message #94319] Mon, 30 August 2021 21:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, no. When I added up all I wanted to see on the + bunch and added in cost of internet (I don't use my phone for any of that sort of thing) the price was close to CATV. Plus I would have to "cast" it to the TV. If I dropped the CATV I would miss out on some things that are not in the + arena. A clever way IMO that the networks are trying to recover from cord cutters.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Discovery+ [message #94329 is a reply to message #94326] Tue, 31 August 2021 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Trilling Me Softly is currently offline  Trilling Me Softly
Baron
My wife says that their tagline should be "The reality shows that no one asked for." If the commercials are anything to go by, then no skill is too mundane to turn into a reality drama.
Re: Discovery+ [message #94371 is a reply to message #94329] Sun, 05 September 2021 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leot55 is currently offline  Leot55
Master
If you're a Verizon customer and you have one of their special unlimited plans, then you can get Discovery+ for free for a year. It might be worth checking out.
https://www.verizon.com/about/news/12-months-discovery-no-additional-cost
Re: Discovery+ [message #94378 is a reply to message #94371] Sun, 05 September 2021 19:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
Perfect! That will fix me right up, Leo! Thanks! Gofar99, I hope you can use the freebie too. I'm not keen on watching shows on my phone, but in a pinch it will do.
Re: Discovery+ [message #94464 is a reply to message #94319] Mon, 20 September 2021 06:53 Go to previous message
Patrick69 is currently offline  Patrick69
Baron
We got it free for 6 months through Verizon. They must have changed it to a year now. I think we might have actually watched it 3 times in that 6 month period. We canceled it before we were billed 7 bucks a month.
Previous Topic: F9 The Fast Saga
Next Topic: DIRECTV Stream
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:09:31 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout