Home » Audio » General » Suitable Audio Equipment
Suitable Audio Equipment [message #93449] Fri, 09 April 2021 09:39 Go to next message
Souldude is currently offline  Souldude
Viscount
It seems like the pandemic situation isn't going to get better anytime soon. At least, precautions are still being applied, so online classes and video conferences will remain the primary way of conducting activities. I'm at a crossroads here choosing among earphones, earbuds, and a decent headset. What do you think is the most practical thing to buy?
Re: Suitable Audio Equipment [message #93474 is a reply to message #93449] Fri, 09 April 2021 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Csharp is currently offline  Csharp
Viscount
Have you thought about wireless earbuds? If mobility is important to you, I don't think you can do better than that. They can be a bit pricey, but I think that's the best way to go these days.
Re: Suitable Audio Equipment [message #93478 is a reply to message #93449] Sun, 11 April 2021 00:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Acacia is currently offline  Acacia
Viscount
It depends on the work you have, if it's only for video conferences wireless earbuds should be better than earphones. Headset, I think, is only ideal to have when your work concerns online tutoring because it could be uncomfortable when used for a long duration.
Re: Suitable Audio Equipment [message #93490 is a reply to message #93478] Sun, 11 April 2021 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Another consideration is ambient noise. Is there a lot? Do you need to hear what nearby folks say? Over the ear ones are my favorites as they cut out the ambient noise. Ones with noise cancellation have never sounded as good to me. In ear are fine for activity and on planes. If you go to over the ear ones, weight, and how well they fit is really important. I use some over the ear by Audio-Technica and in ear by Sennheiser. Blue tooth is fine, if you remember to charge them. I use wired ones now as I always ran the others down. In any case price does have an effect. If what you get are cheap, then you will become unhappy with them. Equally paying a huge amount will not likely be much better than many mid range ones. I figure the sweet spot is between $100 and $200. Try before you buy or at least have return rights.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Suitable Audio Equipment [message #93503 is a reply to message #93490] Mon, 12 April 2021 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Csharp is currently offline  Csharp
Viscount
gofar99 wrote on Sun, 11 April 2021 12:11
Ones with noise cancellation have never sounded as good to me.
That actually might be more practical than ones made for mobility. If you work from home, noise cancellation is a must.

And like you said, you get what you pay for.
Re: Suitable Audio Equipment [message #94286 is a reply to message #93449] Fri, 20 August 2021 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spotifier is currently offline  Spotifier
Baron
It's better to get earbuds if you find yourself moving a lot. It has a noise-canceling feature that most headsets have. Since it's small and chargeable, you can also use it outside during a walk without feeling inconvenience.
Re: Suitable Audio Equipment [message #94382 is a reply to message #93449] Mon, 06 September 2021 02:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Phonetic Ear is currently offline  Phonetic Ear
Baron
You can use the situation to your advantage by buying on-ear headphones since you won't have to worry about fitting them in a bag. It can also give a better working atmosphere compared to earphones and earbuds because the equipment's features will bring you more focus.
Re: Suitable Audio Equipment [message #94387 is a reply to message #94382] Mon, 06 September 2021 04:45 Go to previous message
Beck is currently offline  Beck
Viscount
Phonetic Ear wrote on Mon, 06 September 2021 02:51
It can also give a better working atmosphere compared to earphones and earbuds because the equipment's features will bring you more focus.
I agree with this based on my experience. With earphones and earbuds, I get easily distracted because it makes me feel too comfortable. Maybe it's the noise-canceling feature, but the headphones' design of being over the head also helped maintain my focus.
Previous Topic: home depot Husky heavy duty steel shelving for your audio
Next Topic: Ikea Kallox Shelf Unit for Record Storage
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:32:20 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout