Home » Audio » Measurement » Your go-to
Your go-to [message #94354] Fri, 03 September 2021 08:33 Go to next message
Trilling Me Softly is currently offline  Trilling Me Softly
Baron
What are your go-to measuring systems? I'm a hobbyist rather than a pro, so I just use FuzzMeasure Pro because it's fairly straightforward and easy to use. I haven't played around with anything else though and just wonder what you guys prefer.
Re: Your go-to [message #94356 is a reply to message #94354] Fri, 03 September 2021 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I use WTPro for development, mostly because of its ICD. I run it pseudo-anechoic.

I use LMS for measurements that I publish. I measure outdoors for measurements to be published.
Re: Your go-to [message #94361 is a reply to message #94356] Sat, 04 September 2021 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
I've used REW in the past. I settled on it because it's freeware and the other options can be pretty pricey, plus they have more bells and whistles than I'd ever need.
Re: Your go-to [message #94364 is a reply to message #94361] Sat, 04 September 2021 21:26 Go to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (4th Degree)
Hi, I guess it depends on what I am measuring. For speaker systems I use RTA and a PC scope, sometimes I "cheat" and use the analysis section of a Behringer DEQ2496. For gear on the bench I have three different PC based scopes one stand alone scope and three different signal generators. Plenty of assorted meters, diy test fixtures. I also use a HP distortion analyzer when it is appropriate.

Good Listening
Bruce
Previous Topic: Complaining neighbors
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Dec 01 02:46:23 CST 2021

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers