Home » Audio » Home Theater » OLED TVs
OLED TVs [message #94234] Sun, 15 August 2021 11:19 Go to next message
Phonetic Ear is currently offline  Phonetic Ear
Baron
Have you heard of this model? The acronym means Organic Light-Emitting Diode, which indicates how it can produce ultra-realistic displays. It seems perfect for a home theater system, but it costs a lot due to the difficulty of making it. Its components make it more vulnerable to burn that it doesn't seem to be worth the money.
Re: OLED TVs [message #94239 is a reply to message #94234] Sun, 15 August 2021 17:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leot55 is currently offline  Leot55
Master
I might be wrong, but I don't think that OLED is actually a model. I think it's just the screen/lighting type. OLED TVs have been out for a while now. Thankfully, the technology has vastly improved since they first hit the market.
Re: OLED TVs [message #94269 is a reply to message #94234] Wed, 18 August 2021 16:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Trilling Me Softly is currently offline  Trilling Me Softly
Baron
I think they've improved the burn-in problem so that it's unlikely to be an issue with normal use. I have an OLED TV in my den. I don't think the picture is as vivid as what I could get on my plasma screen, but that TV gave up the ghost within just a few years of use so I didn't want to get another one.
Re: OLED TVs [message #94276 is a reply to message #94234] Thu, 19 August 2021 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zart is currently offline  Zart
Baron
Its technology is the real deal but it doesn't seem practical to get one just for that feature. There may be other models that can produce almost the same quality of display that are less expensive. I wouldn't buy it.
Re: OLED TVs [message #94289 is a reply to message #94234] Fri, 20 August 2021 03:46 Go to previous message
Souldude is currently offline  Souldude
Viscount
I want to see how OLED TVs will improve over the years since the burn-in problem isn't much of a problem anymore. It uses less energy compared to LED TVs and has a decent viewing angle making it family-friendly.
Previous Topic: TV Box Recommendations
Next Topic: Need help with choosing 5.1ch speakers for Home-theater
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:42:04 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout