Home » Audio » General » Do dogs like music?
Re: Do dogs like music? [message #93393 is a reply to message #85314] Sat, 27 March 2021 15:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KalebTheAudioGuy is currently offline  KalebTheAudioGuy
Baron
A friend of mine leaves the radio on during the day so his dog can listen to music. From what he's said, his dog seems to enjoy it. I like the idea of a dog getting excited when his favorite song starts to play! Very Happy
Re: Do dogs like music? [message #93394 is a reply to message #93393] Sat, 27 March 2021 21:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Imagine fast forwarding his indoor video cam and coming across the dog playing air guitar to its favorite Eddie Van Halen toon.... "Go ahead jump".
Re: Do dogs like music? [message #93485 is a reply to message #85314] Sun, 11 April 2021 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mica is currently offline  Mica
Viscount
Now that would be funny, watching your dog play air guitar. I do think that dogs like music. I swear my dog reacts when I'm playing certain artists. My cat on the other hand could care less.
Re: Do dogs like music? [message #94044 is a reply to message #85314] Fri, 16 July 2021 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PinkHair is currently offline  PinkHair
Chancellor
My dog loves music! She'll howl along with my trumpet and barks when I stop playing. She's a sweetheart! When I go out for the day, I'll leave my radio on for my dog. So, I think that dogs like music. Very Happy
Re: Do dogs like music? [message #94244 is a reply to message #85314] Mon, 16 August 2021 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zart is currently offline  Zart
Baron
Maybe dogs also have music preferences, but I can't tell how they would decide on that. They might prefer relaxing music compared to songs that come off as aggressive. I think that they'll only perceive it as noise if the music is too loud and powerful.
Re: Do dogs like music? [message #94252 is a reply to message #94244] Mon, 16 August 2021 20:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, Our cats like music. I don't have a clue what they think about it but the come into the room and lay down when it is on. With the TV though they go for laps.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Do dogs like music? [message #94255 is a reply to message #85314] Tue, 17 August 2021 00:53 Go to previous message
Phonetic Ear is currently offline  Phonetic Ear
Baron
Dogs hear far better than humans, given that they can detect the quietest of sounds. It would be natural for them to react to whatever is playing, so it won't be enough to say that they love what they're hearing. They probably start liking certain music after associating it with something that makes them happy.
Previous Topic: automatic soldering robot
Next Topic: Toroidal Transformer for Amp
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:03:09 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout