Home » Audio » Speaker » Alexa skills
Alexa skills [message #94213] Fri, 13 August 2021 16:07 Go to next message
Leot55 is currently offline  Leot55
Master
Which skills do you find the most helpful? "Send a hug" has been madly useful during the pandemic with social isolation, and of course it's great for streaming all sorts of music.
Re: Alexa skills [message #94232 is a reply to message #94213] Sun, 15 August 2021 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Souldude is currently offline  Souldude
Viscount
Well, it's convenient when you're doing something with your hands, and then you want to play some music or podcast. It can help with multitasking, but it might get frustrating if it fails to understand the command.
Re: Alexa skills [message #94236 is a reply to message #94232] Sun, 15 August 2021 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
We have cut way back on how much we use our AI enabled speakers, but I still find the dinner bell command to be helpful. It is fantastic for switching music without having to make a move.
Re: Alexa skills [message #94918 is a reply to message #94236] Tue, 14 December 2021 21:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Strum Drum is currently offline  Strum Drum
Master
I'd been eyeing the Echo Show for a while now and finally broke down and bought one. I have to say that I love that it shows the lyrics while playing music. I've misheard more than a few lines. If that counts as a skill, then it's my favorite.
Re: Alexa skills [message #94931 is a reply to message #94213] Thu, 16 December 2021 14:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Csharp is currently offline  Csharp
Viscount
Yeah, that is a fantastic option and a long time coming if you ask me. Maybe it will help people see how much lyrics add to the overall sound of a song.
Re: Alexa skills [message #94939 is a reply to message #94213] Fri, 17 December 2021 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AcousticJack is currently offline  AcousticJack
Chancellor
The feature that I have probably used more than any other is the reminder option. When I get on my computer, I tend to forget everything around me, which has resulted in many burned dinners Very Happy So this option is my favorite.
Re: Alexa skills [message #94981 is a reply to message #94213] Mon, 20 December 2021 22:12 Go to previous message
Miami is currently offline  Miami
Viscount
I think my greatest Alexa skill is the "ignore" option. Meaning I ignore that it exists. It's awfully hard to do that nowadays, which is why I consider it a skill. Laughing

I'm all for high-tech innovations and change, but this just doesn't appeal to me.
Previous Topic: The Intellectual People Podcast - Clayton Shaw (Spatial Audio)
Next Topic: 2 pi's
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:46:43 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout