Home » Audio » General » Can you appreciate great sound?
Re: Can you appreciate great sound? [message #94140 is a reply to message #94138] Mon, 02 August 2021 21:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
positron is currently offline  positron
Viscount
smartt wrote on Mon, 02 August 2021 06:36
positron,

It is good to see you here. I still own one of your SAS Audio Labs 11A preamp. One of these years I must get the upgrade for the power supply. As you know Yahoo Groups were eliminated. Your SAS Audio Labs group was gone as a result. Did you by any chance make a copy of all the posts? It would have been nice to keep all that info.
Hi Smartt, Good to hear from you! I sure appreciate the confidence you have in my 11A as well.

I also wish I could have kept the forum, and one mistake I made was I forgot to copy the posts. It just slipped my mind.

As you know, when I started in the audio field some 40 years ago, I started from absolute scratch, without any preconceived ideas. I hope to benefit our friends with R&D based upon actual specialized listening tests and measurements when necessary.

Cheers

pos

Re: Can you appreciate great sound? [message #94142 is a reply to message #94140] Tue, 03 August 2021 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smartt is currently offline  smartt
Master
positron,

Your forum was a big loss, not to be able to read it. You are retired but please tell us about your V interconnect cable which is the only item you still make. Also tell us about your Schiit Audio upgraded Modi 2 mods. Do the mods also apply to the new Modi 3 plus? Since you retired SAS Audio Labs website is gone. I used the Wayback Machine to see the website. Although not for sale you had an idea for a new tube preamp. How is that project going? positron was and will always be a serious no compromise audiophile, a big bang for the buck product. Too bad he is retired.
Re: Can you appreciate great sound? [message #94144 is a reply to message #94142] Wed, 04 August 2021 00:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Viscount
smartt wrote on Tue, 03 August 2021 02:30
positron,

Your forum was a big loss, not to be able to read it. You are retired but please tell us about your V interconnect cable which is the only item you still make. Also tell us about your Schiit Audio upgraded Modi 2 mods. Do the mods also apply to the new Modi 3 plus? Since you retired SAS Audio Labs website is gone. I used the Wayback Machine to see the website. Although not for sale you had an idea for a new tube preamp. How is that project going? positron was and will always be a serious no compromise audiophile, a big bang for the buck product. Too bad he is retired.
Very briefly, the "V" ic is non-shielded, 39pf/meter, and uses minimum 6n pure copper wire (99.9999%). Used from pre to low gain amp.

The Modi 2 has upgraded power supply filter and output capacitors. When tested matched Monarchy 24 tube DAC, bettered the standard Border Patrol, Denafrips Aris 2 DACs. Just slightly less spacial width than the $4k Lampizator dac. I have never investigated the Modi 3, so cannot comment.

In general, everything is important whether designing/upgrading a source, ic, pre, amp, speakers. Even speaker wire inductance and total gauge is critical to performance, especially in cone type speakers.

I hope I have not broken any rules. Please delete if I have.

pos

Re: Please delete this post. [message #94166 is a reply to message #94099] Sun, 08 August 2021 20:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, As Moderator, I don't see anything that would require that as the questions and answers are generally in the realm of diy and of some value to diy prone individuals. Wayne naturally could over rule that but it is my opinion.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Please delete this post. [message #94176 is a reply to message #94166] Mon, 09 August 2021 11:38 Go to previous message
Viscount
gofar99 wrote on Sun, 08 August 2021 20:59
Hi, As Moderator, I don't see anything that would require that as the questions and answers are generally in the realm of diy and of some value to diy prone individuals. Wayne naturally could over rule that but it is my opinion.
Thanks Go. I felt Smartt was ok, but being rather new, I just wanted to make sure I did not over reply and be out of bounds.

Cheers

pos
Previous Topic: Houston Audio Society Forum
Next Topic: Replace tubes in a tube power amp
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:10:55 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers