Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Japanese Dubbed
Japanese Dubbed [message #94015] Tue, 13 July 2021 01:47 Go to next message
Acacia is currently offline  Acacia
Viscount
It seems that people have gotten used to watching animations dubbed by Japanese voice actors. At least, shows that aren't made by Pixar or Disney. This preference also applies to video games, even when the game wasn't produced by Japan. It's no doubt that their voice acting adds to the excitement, or maybe, familiarity with the sound also has something to do with it.
Re: Japanese Dubbed [message #94016 is a reply to message #94015] Tue, 13 July 2021 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Strum Drum is currently offline  Strum Drum
Master
I haven't noticed. Do you have some specific examples? I haven't seen a dubbed movie since I watched those old kung fu shows from my grandfather's generation. They were dubbed over in English.
Re: Japanese Dubbed [message #94020 is a reply to message #94015] Tue, 13 July 2021 14:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
penguin89 is currently offline  penguin89
Baron
I like to watch dubbed shows. It's too much for me to both the show's action and the subtitles. My friends make fun of me for it, but for me, dubs are the way to go!
Re: Japanese Dubbed [message #94026 is a reply to message #94015] Thu, 15 July 2021 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Beck is currently offline  Beck
Viscount
I heard that my friends would stick with Japanese audio while having subtitles in English when watching anime on Netflix. I also find that convenient since that would be the original sound of the show. However, I haven't encountered western movies dubbed in Japanese.
Re: Japanese Dubbed [message #94666 is a reply to message #94015] Sun, 24 October 2021 03:50 Go to previous message
Zart is currently offline  Zart
Baron
I've gotten used to having my games dubbed in Japanese, although I wouldn't use it in English movies. It feels better hearing this even when there are Korean and Chinese dubs available.
Previous Topic: An oldies station
Next Topic: Networks
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:16:29 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout