Home » Audio » General » We Need More Women
We Need More Women [message #93563] Sun, 18 April 2021 20:02 Go to next message
Concorde is currently offline  Concorde
Master
Why do you think there is such a disparity between male and female music producers?

Aren't the numbers somewhere around 5% worldwide?

I was kind of surprised when I first heard the numbers.
Re: We Need More Women [message #93566 is a reply to message #93563] Mon, 19 April 2021 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Like heads of state. Few and far between. Just one of the many gender specific roles traditional and tough to crack through the barrier. Makes me think of a cheesy sci-fi movie. Mars Needs Women. Don't we all.
Re: We Need More Women [message #93569 is a reply to message #93563] Mon, 19 April 2021 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Sounds like it has the status of a "Good ole boys" club at the top. I would like to think that the 5% number is too low because they don't count indie producers and such.
Re: We Need More Women [message #93575 is a reply to message #93566] Tue, 20 April 2021 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Silver is currently offline  Silver
Viscount
Rusty wrote on Mon, 19 April 2021 06:48
Mars Needs Women. Don't we all.
Mars will be getting women, trust me. Laughing Hopefully, those will be the first "leaders" and decision-makers.

As far as this industry is concerned, the movers and shakers need to get the word out that women are welcome and open more doors for them to make it easier to get their foot in the door. Keep the same standards of excellence for learning the trade, of course, but make them feel welcome.
Re: We Need More Women [message #93586 is a reply to message #93563] Thu, 22 April 2021 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sammi40 is currently offline  sammi40
Viscount
I love the comment about Mars needing more women and women making the decisions!
I really don't know why there aren't more women music producers. It's time they let more in. Honestly I didn't know that there were so few.
Re: We Need More Women [message #93592 is a reply to message #93586] Thu, 22 April 2021 23:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smartt is currently offline  smartt
Master
Don't we need more women to buy hifi and to listen to hifi? Women go to concerts. They can get the same experience with hifi.
Re: We Need More Women [message #93594 is a reply to message #93563] Fri, 23 April 2021 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Barryso is currently offline  Barryso
Master
Here's Art Dudley's take on the way men and women listen and how they differ. It's about 20 year old now, from Listener Magazine.

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/listener/v7no4/editorial.htm

Art was a great writer.
Re: We Need More Women [message #93969 is a reply to message #93563] Tue, 29 June 2021 04:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Acacia is currently offline  Acacia
Viscount
I'm looking forward to having more women in the industry because this also means bringing more ideas to the table. The ratio tells a lot about history, but there's no doubt there's a transition going on.
Re: We Need More Women [message #93993 is a reply to message #93563] Wed, 07 July 2021 23:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Raymond is currently offline  Raymond
Baron
I think that more women making music will inevitably lead to more musical diversity. The subject matter they cover in their songs will be different. It's definitely a good thing that more women are making music professionally, and I can't wait to see the new artists who emerge in the upcoming years.
Re: We Need More Women [message #94008 is a reply to message #93563] Mon, 12 July 2021 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Zart is currently offline  Zart
Baron
It's partly a matter of career preferences, but also opportunities. Women probably had a lack of exposure to the industry in previous years. But now, change is inevitable, especially with the publicity that the internet offers. I'm curious and excited about the perspective they'll bring to the market.
Previous Topic: Earbuds
Next Topic: Conductivity calculation for silver interconnect vs Conductivity calculation for Duelutinned copper
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:14:01 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio