Home » Audio » General » Alluring Background Music
Alluring Background Music [message #93903] Sun, 13 June 2021 10:40 Go to next message
Beck is currently offline  Beck
Viscount
Visuals make people stay in a particular game through their effects and animation style. However, I've realized these all seem empty without the sounds that give flesh to the game. Have you ever experienced sticking with a particular game because of its music?
Re: Alluring Background Music [message #93925 is a reply to message #93903] Wed, 16 June 2021 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LCallan is currently offline  LCallan
Baron
I was just chatting about this with my best friend, funnily enough. We both started playing the Grand Theft Auto franchise because we were drawn to the game, but we stuck with it because of the music. I've discovered many wonderful artists through that gaming franchise that I wouldn't have been exposed to otherwise.
Re: Alluring Background Music [message #93951 is a reply to message #93925] Fri, 18 June 2021 22:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Strum Drum is currently offline  Strum Drum
Master
I used to play an old CD-Rom computer game that was made by Hoyle. I think it was cards or something like that. Anyway, it had cheesy background music that you could change out. One of their tracks was almost hypnotic, and it never failed to make me sleepy. It quickly became my crutch when I needed help nodding off at night. I kept the game for years, simply for that purpose. It probably sounds ridiculous, but it worked.
Re: Alluring Background Music [message #93967 is a reply to message #93903] Sun, 27 June 2021 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Acacia is currently offline  Acacia
Viscount
That's what happened to me with Persona 5. Its music background captivated me; I ended up playing it for hours. Although the visuals were also good, the sounds helped to boost the storyline.
Re: Alluring Background Music [message #94012 is a reply to message #93903] Mon, 12 July 2021 11:41 Go to previous message
Souldude is currently offline  Souldude
Viscount
Speaking of sound effects, I think it only adds to my irritation when playing action games or multiplayer-type ones. Alluring background music would maybe only apply to roleplaying kinds of games.
Previous Topic: Subliminal Music
Next Topic: Monitoring Usage
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 01:32:53 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout