Home » Audio » General » Monitoring Usage
Monitoring Usage [message #93697] Mon, 10 May 2021 15:38 Go to next message
Airforce 3 is currently offline  Airforce 3
Viscount
We hear about monitoring the usage of television and the internet in regards to young children all the time. What we don't hear a lot of is headphones and hearing. Eardrums can get damaged with prolonged exposure to loud music, and headphones can be the main culprit.

Re: Monitoring Usage [message #93699 is a reply to message #93697] Mon, 10 May 2021 19:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Silver is currently offline  Silver
Viscount
Nice PSA

You're right though, we don't hear many warnings about this anymore. There for a time it used to be a thing, but not lately.
Re: Monitoring Usage [message #93711 is a reply to message #93699] Tue, 11 May 2021 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
They make headphones that limit how high the volume can go. It always stays within a range that's safe for kids. My girls have some that are made by JBL.
Re: Monitoring Usage [message #93724 is a reply to message #93697] Tue, 11 May 2021 14:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mica is currently offline  Mica
Viscount
You're right, we don't hear about that at all anymore. I mean I am always telling the kids to take them out, or turn it down. I would hope that more parents are actually paying attention to this.
Re: Monitoring Usage [message #93877 is a reply to message #93697] Tue, 08 June 2021 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Beck is currently offline  Beck
Viscount
Speaking of audio equipment, I think earbuds are especially harmful to our ears because of how it's located deeper into the ear compared to headphones. It became a trend due to its convenience but it makes me wonder if hearing problems will rise over the years.
Re: Monitoring Usage [message #93897 is a reply to message #93697] Sat, 12 June 2021 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zart is currently offline  Zart
Baron
Personally, it's inconvenient to use headphones because they eventually get heavy the longer time you use them. Sometimes, I get a headache from wearing those that using it makes me feel tired faster.
Re: Monitoring Usage [message #94014 is a reply to message #93697] Tue, 13 July 2021 00:49 Go to previous message
Acacia is currently offline  Acacia
Viscount
I started to regulate my use of earphones and other audio equipment because it began affecting my attentiveness. It's unfortunate, however, that people who rely on it for their work will find it difficult to minimize headphone use.
Previous Topic: Alluring Background Music
Next Topic: The 5 Senses
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 01:33:20 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout