Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Music analysis shows
Music analysis shows [message #93890] Fri, 11 June 2021 14:37 Go to next message
noodle is currently offline  noodle
Viscount
Are there any you watch semi-regularly or so? On YouTube via PBS, I'm a fan of Sound Field for musical trend breakdowns and back histories.
Re: Music analysis shows [message #93892 is a reply to message #93890] Fri, 11 June 2021 17:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently online  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I haven't watched, but I will. I see a segment on Fela Kuti. The African Jazz pioneer of afro beat. Been interested in him since the 80's and have some of his vinyl and cd format. He was quite a voice in his Nigeria in the 70's. Very controversial with the Dictatorial regime there at the time. One of his cleverest songs and name of one of his albums from then was called, Expensive Shit. Having been harassed by govt. police regularly. A raid on his compound necessitated him having to eat his stash of herb to keep the arrest of him having any teeth in it to justify his arrest. No doubt his time in the slammer after that dry salad was easy peasy.
Re: Music analysis shows [message #93910 is a reply to message #93890] Mon, 14 June 2021 17:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mulcahy is currently offline  Mulcahy
Chancellor
noodle wrote on Fri, 11 June 2021 14:37
Are there any you watch semi-regularly or so? On YouTube via PBS, I'm a fan of Sound Field for musical trend breakdowns and back histories.
Nahre Sol from Sound Field has her own YT channel. She does a nice job breaking down all things piano. Another analyzing channel I like is Produce Like a Pro.
Re: Music analysis shows [message #96372 is a reply to message #93890] Mon, 13 February 2023 10:26 Go to previous message
noodle is currently offline  noodle
Viscount
Sorry I've been out of touch, and thanks for the replies! I've also been following Bandsplaining on YT. Its recent video is "The Meltdown of Russia's Music Scene." Definitely timely.
Previous Topic: Balloon
Next Topic: Super Bowl Commercials
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:32:15 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout