Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Old pi 4?? Trying to find info about these speakers
Old pi 4?? Trying to find info about these speakers [message #93811] Mon, 24 May 2021 05:02 Go to next message
sgt123frog is currently offline  sgt123frog
Esquire
Hi everyone, looking to see if anyone can help me find some details about this speaker? On the back there is a label that says "pi by AR" model 4? Any details on specifications, sound quality, amp pairing would be much appreciated.

/forum/index.php?t=getfile&id=2781&private=0

/forum/index.php?t=getfile&id=2782&private=0
Re: Old pi 4?? Trying to find info about these speakers [message #93812 is a reply to message #93811] Mon, 24 May 2021 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
You might have found the same searching online. http://www.aphenos.net/electronics/speakers/klh/all_ar.htm
http://www.classicspeakerpages.net/site_map.html
But I don't see any mention of what you have. Curious what, "made in eec" means.
Re: Old pi 4?? Trying to find info about these speakers [message #93813 is a reply to message #93812] Mon, 24 May 2021 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

We didn't make those and I'm not familiar with them. We've had the federally registered trademark for both the "π" symbol and "pi" word mark in Class 9 for several years. We first used in commerce in 1979. So since then, there has only been one legitimate brand of "Pi Speakers" that is recognized.

That said, some manufacturers use the mark without knowing. I've had to police the mark several times since the 1970s. Usually, they immediately stop production and change their brand name to prevent name confusion. But not always, as this example shows.
Re: Old pi 4?? Trying to find info about these speakers [message #93829 is a reply to message #93811] Fri, 28 May 2021 19:59 Go to previous message
sgt123frog is currently offline  sgt123frog
Esquire
Thank you all for your responses. I managed to find someone who owned a pair in the past on the classic speaker forum. It seems they are a decent set of speakers. I'll probably spend some time and money refoaming them and see how they sound. Thanks!

From my research the EEC means "European Economic Community" which was formed around 1957. It was sort of the precursor to the EU, and it was folded into the EU when it was formed in 1993.
Previous Topic: 3 pi sub plans
Next Topic: Smaller 3 pi construction?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:26:14 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout