Home » Audio » General » Monitoring Usage
Monitoring Usage [message #93697] Mon, 10 May 2021 15:38 Go to next message
Airforce 3 is currently offline  Airforce 3
Viscount
We hear about monitoring the usage of television and the internet in regards to young children all the time. What we don't hear a lot of is headphones and hearing. Eardrums can get damaged with prolonged exposure to loud music, and headphones can be the main culprit.

Re: Monitoring Usage [message #93699 is a reply to message #93697] Mon, 10 May 2021 19:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Silver is currently offline  Silver
Viscount
Nice PSA

You're right though, we don't hear many warnings about this anymore. There for a time it used to be a thing, but not lately.
Re: Monitoring Usage [message #93711 is a reply to message #93699] Tue, 11 May 2021 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Master
They make headphones that limit how high the volume can go. It always stays within a range that's safe for kids. My girls have some that are made by JBL.
Re: Monitoring Usage [message #93724 is a reply to message #93697] Tue, 11 May 2021 14:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mica is currently offline  Mica
Viscount
You're right, we don't hear about that at all anymore. I mean I am always telling the kids to take them out, or turn it down. I would hope that more parents are actually paying attention to this.
Re: Monitoring Usage [message #93877 is a reply to message #93697] Tue, 08 June 2021 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Beck is currently offline  Beck
Esquire
Speaking of audio equipment, I think earbuds are especially harmful to our ears because of how it's located deeper into the ear compared to headphones. It became a trend due to its convenience but it makes me wonder if hearing problems will rise over the years.
Re: Monitoring Usage [message #93897 is a reply to message #93697] Sat, 12 June 2021 08:25 Go to previous message
Zart is currently offline  Zart
Esquire
Personally, it's inconvenient to use headphones because they eventually get heavy the longer time you use them. Sometimes, I get a headache from wearing those that using it makes me feel tired faster.
Previous Topic: Subliminal Music
Next Topic: TikTok collecting biometric data
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jun 15 21:30:02 CDT 2021

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout