Home » Audio » General » Music Union Question
Music Union Question [message #82307] Tue, 22 March 2016 23:54 Go to next message
Nouri is currently offline  Nouri
Master
It is an obvious that musicians can be part of the American Federation of Musicians. I was wondering though about the producers and engineers. Can they belong to this organization?
Re: Music Union Question [message #82447 is a reply to message #82307] Sat, 23 April 2016 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I could be wrong, but I think it's musicians only. That's my first thought, but I also don't know what union the producers and such could join.

Good question.
Re: Music Union Question [message #93674 is a reply to message #82307] Fri, 07 May 2021 19:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Noise is currently offline  The Noise
Master
I imagine they could if they also have music they made and recorded. They are musicians at that point. I dont think you have have to be full time.
Re: Music Union Question [message #94065 is a reply to message #82307] Tue, 20 July 2021 02:29 Go to previous message
Zart is currently offline  Zart
Baron
It appears to be exclusive for musicians since its aim focuses on improving the working conditions by managing agreements with agencies. Engineers and producers would probably belong to a different organization, even if their work would concern music.
Previous Topic: The 5 Senses
Next Topic: Art (Music) And Science
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:34:48 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout