Home » xyzzy » Tower » Who's gotten the jab yet
Who's gotten the jab yet [message #93239] Wed, 03 March 2021 11:40 Go to next message
Rusty is currently online  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Just got mine this morning. I'm 67 so I'm in the tier 2B. For awhile it seemed like 2B or not 2B. Because the vaccine was very scarce where I live. My state covid registration would send vaccine availability that were literally a day trip to get to and from. Then the news broke of the snafu with the state sending 2000 doses to a tiny town in the far end of the state. Population 69. The governor took some well deserved heat for that.

It's starting to open up and my mass event today was superbly organized and efficient. I got the Pfizer. One down one to go. Hope everyone gets their good jab on soon.
Re: Who's gotten the jab yet [message #93249 is a reply to message #93239] Fri, 05 March 2021 20:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, we are doing a bit better in Arizona. We got the first one almost three weeks ago and are scheduled to get the second one next week. They do have a few snfus though. One county got enough to do everyone over 18 and any one who worked in the county. They did get special permission to go ahead and do it. Small remote areas sometimes have an advantage after all.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Who's gotten the jab yet [message #93389 is a reply to message #93249] Sat, 27 March 2021 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
My 2nd jab-a ram-a came this Wednesday. Maybe just a slight headache for a symptom the 2nd day. Anyone fearing this vaccine has been either deluded by conspiracy consumption or just plain stubbornness. It's nothing, but important to shut down this mean virus critter before it mutates beyond vaccine effectiveness. Enjoy!
Re: Who's gotten the jab yet [message #93631 is a reply to message #93389] Sat, 01 May 2021 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
News I hear is the immunization process is slowing down. People aren't showing up like they were. All I can equate to this is the stubborn anti-vax mentality. Stunningly numb the dark ages thinking that permeates our world. I'm thankful we have choices in this constitutional democracy. It's our strength, but it insures a certain chaos as well. Hope we persevere and get that herd immunity thing going despite the obstinance.
Re: Who's gotten the jab yet [message #95005 is a reply to message #93239] Mon, 27 December 2021 15:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smartt is currently offline  smartt
Master
I got my booster today. If you are 60 and over, get the booster.
Re: Who's gotten the jab yet [message #95009 is a reply to message #95005] Mon, 27 December 2021 19:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi Everyone, I know that I am about to violate one of my own rules about what is suitable content. This certainly has nothing to do with audio. I'm nearly certain to offend a few with the following comments, but they need to be said. First off I agree with Rusty that choice is a big part of our heritage. However as he noted it is a double edged sword. Under the present pandemic this choice has been weaponized. A truly sad situation. What causes my anger right now is that this morning one of my grand daughters had a medical emergency and would have to spend some time in intensive care. The only hospital within 50 miles had their ICU crammed full of Covid patients....all were not vaccinated. Fortunately the emergency room was able to stabilize her and transfer to another hospital. (she is going to be OK but no thanks to the current patients in the ICU) Personally I don't really care if someone chooses to risk their own life. People do it all the time, but it really pisses me off when they endanger others. Get with it and do your part and stop having the misguided wishful thinking on the matter. Life is not a reality show, actions or lack there of have real consequences.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Who's gotten the jab yet [message #95010 is a reply to message #93239] Mon, 27 December 2021 22:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smartt is currently offline  smartt
Master
I forgot to add wait at least 6 months from your second shot for booster.
Re: Who's gotten the jab yet [message #95012 is a reply to message #95010] Tue, 28 December 2021 09:04 Go to previous message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
You have my sympathy Bruce for a truly damndable situation. Glad your granddaughter escaped any lasting harm from it. Thanks to the care and training of the local ER staff. Who have to deal with this type of situation every day no doubt.
Hopefully the chronically delusional types will become more and more a minority as this world event plays out. I can only hope we become wiser and more able to take on the rest of the seemingly unresolvable problems plaguing our civilization.
But on your now personal level. You know now most distinctly what this man said from his experience.

https://www.reddit.com/r/mildlyinfuriating/comments/p2fqkh/i_feel_this_guy/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf
Previous Topic: Happy Holidays!
Next Topic: Power lifting for midgets
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:41:27 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout