Home » Audio » Speaker » Bookshelf Speakers
Bookshelf Speakers [message #93360] Wed, 24 March 2021 23:05 Go to next message
Acacia is currently offline  Acacia
Viscount
These speakers have been named like that because of their size that can fit into smaller spaces. I'm thinking of buying one but I've only recently heard about these so I'm unfamiliar with the brands. Have you bought this kind of speaker before? What brand would you recommend?
Re: Bookshelf Speakers [message #93402 is a reply to message #93360] Mon, 29 March 2021 23:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KalebTheAudioGuy is currently offline  KalebTheAudioGuy
Baron
I haven't purchased this kind of speaker before, so this thread is making me curious. What would you use these small speakers for? Are they meant to augment television speakers?
Re: Bookshelf Speakers [message #93404 is a reply to message #93402] Tue, 30 March 2021 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
They're just smaller speakers. For smaller budgets and smaller spaces. That name was cleverly coined for marketing originally. Use them like any other speakers. Music, radio, TV. Unlike most online write up's designed to move merchandise. I like this guy's speaker reviews. He minces no words and goes to great lengths to find the good, bad and ugly. http://noaudiophile.com/
Re: Bookshelf Speakers [message #93450 is a reply to message #93360] Fri, 09 April 2021 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Souldude is currently offline  Souldude
Viscount
This kind of speaker looks like it can be put in the kitchen because of its size. Although it should be placed in a safe location, it wouldn't be a problem since it won't need too much space. If you're on a budget, I'd recommend checking out Edifier but you should consider first where you'll put it before buying anything.
Re: Bookshelf Speakers [message #93470 is a reply to message #93450] Fri, 09 April 2021 21:47 Go to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, There are many really excellent book shelf sized speakers. As costly as Harbath to as inexpensive (and still sounding really nice) Elac. No they won't fill up a theater with sound, but in a typical room they can do a great job.

Edit: BTW the terminology is a bit vague. Some are as small as a milk carton, while others are nearly 2 cubic feet. The trade off is efficiency vs bass response. Look up Theil parameters. You can have bass or efficiency based on the size. The smaller the size the larger the trade off.

Good Listening
Bruce
Previous Topic: Raycon brand
Next Topic: Urbanears Alby
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:20:22 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers