Home » Audio » General » Who's The New Record For?
Who's The New Record For? [message #93427] Sun, 04 April 2021 07:36 Go to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
/forum/index.php?t=getfile&id=2744&private=0

How true is that statement for you? You don't necessarily see a CD or record for sale and say: "I would love to hear that". Maybe, you buy a record or CD because you want to hear that on YOUR system.
  • Attachment: AP.jpg
    (Size: 64.15KB, Downloaded 263 times)
Re: Who's The New Record For? [message #93428 is a reply to message #93427] Sun, 04 April 2021 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
That may apply to some gear junkies. Always in search of some way to correct some perceived deficiency. In taking some reviewers of some audiophile publications flowery prose as a way to achieve the deficiency. I'm lucky maybe. I like buying music to hear the music. Unless the recording is lousy, which I've gotten. I know it will sound good.
Re: Who's The New Record For? [message #93429 is a reply to message #93428] Sun, 04 April 2021 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I do a little of both. There is a lot of music I love, of course, and I listen to it as much in my car as I do on my home hifi systems. My car system is good but not great, so I'm definitely not listening to the equipment there.

And really, even on my high-end stuff, I only "listen to the equipment" when I'm doing new development, setting it up or dialing it in. Those times, I'm hypercritical and listening for anomalies. In that phase, I'm running test/measurement equipment too. I find a few cuts that show me specific anomalies and I listen for them.

But once a system is dialed-in, I stop listening to the equipment and just enjoy the sound. I leave it that way for years, sometimes decades even. So I'd say most of my life, I'm listening to the music. I do have a lot of experience listening to the equipment though too.
Re: Who's The New Record For? [message #93431 is a reply to message #93427] Sun, 04 April 2021 21:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Miami is currently offline  Miami
Viscount
Eighty percent of me wants to hear the music and 20% of me wants to know how my system will "interpret" it. This is when I'm buying it, mind you.
Re: Who's The New Record For? [message #93459 is a reply to message #93431] Fri, 09 April 2021 13:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Azuri is currently offline  Azuri
Grand Master
Miami wrote on Sun, 04 April 2021 21:47
Eighty percent of me wants to hear the music and 20% of me wants to know how my system will "interpret" it. This is when I'm buying it, mind you.
This is why you're buying it? Which one? LOL

I don't get that much into the technical aspect of this, I just want to hear it on a good system.

Re: Who's The New Record For? [message #93467 is a reply to message #93459] Fri, 09 April 2021 21:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, I do both. I like music and I like to hear how my system handles it. I also listen a lot in the vehicle...it has a good system (premium Harmon Kardon).

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Who's The New Record For? [message #93473 is a reply to message #93427] Fri, 09 April 2021 22:52 Go to previous message
Csharp is currently offline  Csharp
Viscount
I'm planning on putting a new system in one of my cars by the end of the year. I'm anxious to hear the difference of the same song on different systems.
Previous Topic: Reactions to Sound
Next Topic: Music Insurance
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:44:13 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout