Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Debris - television show
Debris - television show [message #93251] Sat, 06 March 2021 13:07 Go to next message
Mica is currently offline  Mica
Viscount
Did anyone catch the new television show called Debris? I would classify it as sci-fi. My husband loves sci-fi shows and movies. I have to admit that I was confused throughout the whole first episode! Thoughts on this new one?
Re: Debris - television show [message #93269 is a reply to message #93251] Mon, 08 March 2021 16:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sammi40 is currently offline  sammi40
Viscount
I caught the preview for this but haven't watched the Pilot yet. I usually wait for a few episodes to see if it gets canceled. It does look pretty good. From the sounds of it, it's one I will have to pay close attention to.
Re: Debris - television show [message #93279 is a reply to message #93269] Wed, 10 March 2021 06:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leot55 is currently offline  Leot55
Master
Sci-fi is right up my alley when it's done well, but so far this one seems heavy on the drama which isn't my thing. It's too early to say whether it'll be any good or not.
Re: Debris - television show [message #93340 is a reply to message #93251] Sun, 21 March 2021 18:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mica is currently offline  Mica
Viscount
Leo - I couldn't agree more with you on the drama comment. I'm still watching because my husband still is interested. I did like the last episode when the people all came through that "bubble".
Re: Debris - television show [message #93349 is a reply to message #93251] Mon, 22 March 2021 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Csharp is currently offline  Csharp
Viscount
I like Sci-Fi as well, but nothing will ever measure up to the X-Files for me. Black Mirror is the only I've seen that comes close.

I'll check it out though.
Re: Debris - television show [message #93352 is a reply to message #93349] Mon, 22 March 2021 17:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I watched the 1st few episodes of Resident Alien from the Sci-Fi channel that seemed at least entertaining. Mixture of mild suspense and comedy with an alien stranded on Earth from a crash landing. Taking on a human form and interacting with the human race sort of convincingly. Not always though. The comedy part. I've noticed these streaming type shows always do some sort of character development thing, that has a tendency to just seem like filling up time. Most of the characters aren't worth the effort.
Re: Debris - television show [message #93361 is a reply to message #93251] Thu, 25 March 2021 00:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KalebTheAudioGuy is currently offline  KalebTheAudioGuy
Baron
I haven't heard of this one yet, but I love science fiction, so as far as genre goes, it is something I would enjoy. I'll look into it and see if it's something that I would enjoy. What shows is it similar to?
Re: Debris - television show [message #93363 is a reply to message #93361] Thu, 25 March 2021 09:03 Go to previous message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Can't think of any. There's been movies, shows where the alien form took on human form. Usually for nefarious world domination purposes. But, this is out of necessity on the alien's part until he can find his ship. The crux is his interactions with humans as he "wings" it trying to act the part. Alan Tudyk has the quirky comedic looks and acting ability to make it work.

https://www.syfy.com/resident-alien
Previous Topic: Songs You Never Get Tired Of
Next Topic: Staggering A Song
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 09:29:16 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers