Home » Audio » Movies & Music » News of the World
News of the World [message #93188] Mon, 22 February 2021 19:20 Go to next message
Mica is currently offline  Mica
Viscount
I paid $19.99 to watch this movie at home. I usually like Tom Hanks, and this was no different. It was slow at times but it was good. Anyone else seen it yet? I'd probably wait until it was cheaper to watch but it was good.
Re: News of the World [message #93193 is a reply to message #93188] Tue, 23 February 2021 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Why would it cost that much? That's kind of ridiculous. I wonder if it's from the blow to Hollywood's bottom line from the covid restrictions to theatrical releases. I know I could wait.
Re: News of the World [message #93196 is a reply to message #93188] Tue, 23 February 2021 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Acacia is currently offline  Acacia
Viscount
I haven't seen it yet but I guess it's worth watching with that much cost. I'm glad you find it good though. It makes me wonder what part of the movie caught your attention the most.
Re: News of the World [message #93203 is a reply to message #93188] Wed, 24 February 2021 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mica is currently offline  Mica
Viscount
Acacia - I'm a huge Tom Hanks fan. I like his funny stuff but also his serious roles too. This one was a serious one. I don't want to give too much away, but I loved the ending the best.

I'm sure it cost so much because it didn't come out in theaters around here (due to the pandemic). It was on Amazon Prime, YouTube or some other pay app.
Re: News of the World [message #93206 is a reply to message #93203] Wed, 24 February 2021 15:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leot55 is currently offline  Leot55
Master
It's not just this movie release, ALL the movies have been around $20 to rent when they first come out since the pandemic hit. It's ridiculous! People complain about movie ticket prices, but the $20 fee is only worth it if you have a family and you're all going to watch the movie.
Re: News of the World [message #93207 is a reply to message #93188] Wed, 24 February 2021 22:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PinkHair is currently offline  PinkHair
Chancellor
Wow, $20 is a lot to pay. I haven't seen the movie, but I'm glad you enjoyed it. I've heard that other movies are costing this much to rent when they first come out. I'm reminded of Trolls: World Tour, an animated movie that came out last year. It was released on streaming services due to the pandemic, and did really well because families were willing to pay quite a bit more because of quarantine.
Re: News of the World [message #93265 is a reply to message #93206] Sun, 07 March 2021 22:37 Go to previous message
Raymond is currently offline  Raymond
Baron
Leot55 wrote on Wed, 24 February 2021 15:23
It's not just this movie release, ALL the movies have been around $20 to rent when they first come out since the pandemic hit. It's ridiculous! People complain about movie ticket prices, but the $20 fee is only worth it if you have a family and you're all going to watch the movie.
The $20 dollar fee is also worth it if you're going to watch the movie more than once. Kids especially are happy to watch the same movie over and over, so if you get one they like, then you can really get your money's worth. Although, at that point, it would probably just be best to buy the movie!
Previous Topic: Hillbilly Elegy
Next Topic: Big Sky
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:47:14 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout